CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

5 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Snyder said this cost less than Man of Steel. Is that believable? Man of Steel definitely had a lot more CGI but I'm sure Affleck's paycheck isn't small.

As boomboom234 already said. Plus, I don't think Crowe's paycheck was much smaller than Affleck's.

Edited by incognitoo
typo

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Sunday is coming. Sunday is coming. :redcapes:

A part of me wishes Bryan Cranston had actually accepted the role (well, not really, he's better than this). As much of a fan of Eisenberg as I am, he's about as intimidating as Piglet from the Winnie the Pooh stories/cartoons.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is possible. Look at the final 90 minutes of both movies. Which one do you think it was cheaper :P ?

That's what I was thinking. The first ten minutes of Man of Steel was complete special effects. Not to mention three battles later in the film with heavy CGI.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Snyder said this cost less than Man of Steel. Is that believable? Man of Steel definitely had a lot more CGI but I'm sure Affleck's paycheck isn't small.

Can you give me the link to where he said that? I need it for Fantasy Game purposes :P 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Will we get a Saturday update or are we through with updates until Monday when the numbers all come in? 

Not unless Rth provides one. We will get numbers from Deadline again at midnight pacific and then official studio estimates tomorrow morning.

• Like 3

Either way, BvS proves another crazy new thing in 2016: March is the new April, and before with Deadpool: February is the new May.

If Hollywood could do the same thing with September, October & January ($100M ++ opening), there may be one year in the future when it is summer all year around.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

this needs to pass 400m to be not be considered a disappointment 

Potter has the worst legs on any franchise this is getting around 170 Ow so for that in the worst case scenario it reaches 380 400 has a prettty good chance

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

Will we get a Saturday update or are we through with updates until Monday when the numbers all come in? 

Rth probably later tonight. 49M is the magic number, anything higher we're looking at solid Saturday hold.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zackzack said:

Either way, BvS proves another crazy new thing in 2016: March is the new April, and before with Deadpool: February is the new May.

If Hollywood could do the same thing with September, October & January ($100M ++ opening), there may be one year in the future when it is summer all year around.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zackzack said:

Well, AMERICAN SNIPER opened with 107.2 M on a 4-day weekend in January 2015. Fox also has an untitled Marvel film set for January 12, 2018. I bet it's DEADPOOL II.

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A part of me wishes Bryan Cranston had actually accepted the role (well, not really, he's better than this). As much of a fan of Eisenberg as I am, he's about as intimidating as Piglet from the Winnie the Pooh stories/cartoons.

I think Bryan is too old for the role .They need someone close to superman's age.It should have been someone like Loki ( Tom H ) but a bit more intimidating. Michael Rosenbaum from smallville would have been a much better choice, but I understand how they don't want people to mix the two world by bringing someone from the series to act the same role in the movie.

Edited by Emerald kikyou