CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

7 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or that's a dig at me. If it is, I would consider myself pretty intelligent (or at least a lot of people say I am) and I don't want to pay to see this. I can wait 90 days or whatever it ends up being.

I think it's smart to listen to others who have tastes that usually align with yours when considering what to spend your money and time on. Like I've said a lot over the past few days, I don't want to pay to be frustrated at this movies potential not being reached. And the plot would definitely do that for me.

Jump in. Think of it as a cinematic mosh pit.

19 minutes ago, SWXII said:

It is definitely not a movie for the simple minded. Or those under six or seven. Probably why it got a PG-13.

This is uncalled for. So people who didnt like it are children or stupid? The MAJORITY says it stinks. Guess we're all kids.

It's possible the movie will do better than expected because it is so divisive that people will be curious to make up their own mind.

I thought the violent Batman was fantastic.  I also thought the Holly Hunter scenes were dreadfully bad and should have been cut and Eisenberg was so awful that it took me out of the movie in every one of his scenes and I was thinking, instead, about the acting choices he was making.  Gal Gadot had the Wonder Woman look down pat but she also struggled at times just to get a line out properly due to her accent.

40 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's honestly probably the most deflated I have ever felt from seeing a movie that I was always (and by "always" I mean "since I was little") excited to see. I went in with low expectations and it still went beneath them.

Incredibly divisive isn't it. 

I've waited for this movie since the day I read Dark Knight Returns when it first came out. It was everything I wanted it to be. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's honestly probably the most deflated I have ever felt from seeing a movie that I was always (and by "always" I mean "since I was little") excited to see. I went in with low expectations and it still went beneath them.

Incredibly divisive isn't it. 

I've waited for this movie since the day I read Dark Knight Returns when it first came out. It was everything I wanted it to be. 

Fight sequence was for sure. Very faithful adaptation of that deal. Glad as hell too as a Batfan.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or that's a dig at me. If it is, I would consider myself pretty intelligent (or at least a lot of people say I am) and I don't want to pay to see this. I can wait 90 days or whatever it ends up being.

I think it's smart to listen to others who have tastes that usually align with yours when considering what to spend your money and time on. Like I've said a lot over the past few days, I don't want to pay to be frustrated at this movies potential not being reached. And the plot would definitely do that for me.

But don't you want to at least watch it once just so you can justify your criticism at the discussion. When the film is this divisive the only way to judge the movie is to see it yourself. It wasn't F4 situation where people were either say it's 'bad' or 'just ok'. BvS is a movie that people's score could be varied from 1-10.

• Like 1

Don't you guys hate how how much you love Tele despite his strong opinions?

Ugh. 

Love you, Tele. <3

He's almost five. He's ok for the first two movies (actually, is too young).

Ewwww....I can't even debate Tele. Because he's right. 

I swear, if we were living hundreds of years ago, I'd have made Potter a religion. hahahaha

• Like 3

Ok....leaving Zootopia. 

Talked to manager about BvS and he said it was only 3% behind AOU after Friday close.

As of 6pm est it's now 24% behind.

Zootopia was about 30% full. Not bad!!

Edited by Ocho

29 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I'm afraid it would flop hard. The movie Idiocracy pretty much hit the nail on the head. Our society seems to get dumber every year. People can't sit still for 5 seconds in a movie theater. Gotta dick around in the smart phone. 

I like Idiocracy but most people have been idiots since ancient Egypt.

For a couple centuries pop culture became more sophisticated but eventually our overlords said, "fuck it".

• Like 2

Just now, wildphantom said:

I'm betting rth might appear with a bigger than expected number. 

I'm feeling the same way.

I am looking at considerable sellouts in many areas in the country. Just putting random zip codes.

• Like 1