CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Don't forget you dropped your prediction so you would have probably changed it in the Derby as well :P 

I didn't forget. And I probably wouldn't. I'm completely dropping the multiplier though, 1.9 at the VERY best. It could go lower. This will be dropping like a rock.

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I really do think these SW Solo Projects have the potential to backfire due to too much oversaturation.. For the most part, the moviegoers really are more in vested in the main SW movies, but we'll see...

AS long as the budgets are managable they will do fine, just having the "STAR WARS" Branding will be enough to generate interest.   "Rouge One" is a wild card because again no Jedi and it's basically a War Film.   Imagine the intro to "Empire" on Hoth or the Death Star battles in "Hope and Jedi" but it being an entire film basically.  It's "Star Wars Battlefront: The Movie", lol.    So probably no lightsaber battles at all.   I just think people shouldn't be expecting Episode numbers for the spin offs.   Maybe Han Solo or if they do a Yoda film you can up expectations but this particual storyline in "Rouge One" I don't feel is as marketable as the other spin offs because we love those characters.   Again if Vader does show up that will help it tremedously.  200 OW?  Not happening. 

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Haters seeing this $170M opening: :sadben:

When tomorrow's actual have this movie punched $40 million for Sunday.

I would love to see their reactions. Of course, it's "impossible".... :rolleyes:

Didn't realise people thought 400m was a possibility — this has 'frontloaded' written all over it.

The film will make enough money that WB can dust itself off and carry on, but Snyder needs to be kept on a very short leash as far as JL's concerned.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

"It won't gross more than $20M on Previews after toxic reviews" :sadben:

"Only fanboys watch previews let's see the flop on Friday" :sadben:

"It will drop hard on Sunday when the toxic WOM starts":sadben:

Apparently toxic WOM will only start next weekend instead. It was delayed from Friday to Saturday to Sunday and now to next weekend :lol: 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

Didn't realise people thought 400m was a possibility — this has 'frontloaded' written all over it.

The film will make enough money that WB can dust itself off and carry on, but Snyder needs to be kept on a very short leash as far as JL's concerned.

Well in terms of Superhero openings this is still one of the most frontloaded openings ever but it is Good Friday. 

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

While you wait for the #s, read Roger Ebert's 4-star review of The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover and watch the movie on Netflix Instant Watch now! 

the-cook-thief-his-wife-and-her-lover-mo

@La Binoche, please don't quote an entire review or article. Just give a summary paragraph and post a link to the rest. Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Is it a rumor?  I thought it was confirmed that James Earl Jones  (the only Vader) was in it.

I haven't read any confirmation. Unless someone can dig up something.    It's still all speculation IMO but I would be more surprised if he wasn't in it.  

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I didn't forget. And I probably wouldn't. I'm completely dropping the multiplier though, 1.9 at the VERY best. It could go lower. This will be dropping like a rock.

Calm down. A sub 1.9 multiplier would require a 75%+ drop on 2nd weekend. Not gonna happen

• Like 1