CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I like it. But it's admittedly a bad film. People can like bad films, I imagine if Green Lantern or Batman & Robin have been released this weekend, a lot of people here on the boards would be defending with as much vigor as BvS or me with TASM2

back in the days. It turns out that I've learned that just because someone don't like a film that I do, they don't need to be trolling. I can like films that people hate, and I can understand why they underperform based on their buzz, even though I can like it. Not a high concept, I guess.

ASM2 is a good romantic comedy trapped in a horrible superhero film. Stone/Garfield is the only thing that works.

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Yes, it's true. You guys found out our hidden secret. Shawn and WB and I are a secret cabal and we decide which films the mods are allowed to root for and which ones they can't. I send a PM giving all the mods their marching orders and make sure they praise the films we want them to, and trash the ones we don't. 

I thought we were clever enough to keep it all hidden, but you guys were too smart and you figured it out. 

Let's dispel once and for all with the ficiton that Tele doesn't know what he is doing, he knows exactly what he is doing

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Yes, it's true. You guys found out our hidden secret. Shawn and WB and I are a secret cabal and we decide which films the mods are allowed to root for and which ones they can't. I send a PM giving all the mods their marching orders and make sure they praise the films we want them to, and trash the ones we don't. 

I thought we were clever enough to keep it all hidden, but you guys were too smart and you figured it out. 

You forgot to mention that Disney and WB bid against each other to influence the decisions.

It's the forums new income source. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, department store basement said:

...huh? What does this have to do with superheroes?

Nothing. I just miss criticizing Potter films. :P

• Like 1

Here's what I don't get. We're box office nerds, and there aren't exactly a lot of us around the world, so why don't we just, you know, get along? As long as we get these two things, there shouldn't be too much of this "weird arguements" that we've had in these threads. Don't get me wrong, these threads are what give BOT its spirit and identity but still.

1. As long as we get a good movie to watch every other week or so.

2. As long as there's a cool box office run to experience every month or two.

Shouldn't those two things be enough to make us happy?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Now that I witnessed God Snyder's triumph over the pathetic haters, I can go happy and proud to my 4th viewing of Batman v Superman. See you guys in a few hours.

4 viewings in 3 days. You must be a masochist.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I don't like OotP, I hate HBP, and I'm not big on DH2, but I love DH1

I think DH1 is really overrated on here from the HP diehards, it's alright. The fact that you hate HBP, meh on DH2 implies you aren't huge on Yates either. WB still was printing $ throughout & has continued to with all the rights associated to the projects.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Now that I witnessed God Snyder's triumph over the pathetic haters, I can go happy and proud to my 4th viewing of Batman v Superman. See you guys in a few hours.

Had to cancel my 4th viewing today, but will try to catch it over the weekdays again since I'm in San Fran again for work (thank god the Mexico sojourn is done)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Seriously, what more can be said

CeklsEPW4AElRhm.jpg

Whenever i look at his ODI average and runs i  think he will pass Tendulkar. he already has 25 hundreds and 7k runs. He is only 27! Its going to happen. He has amassed so much in such little time. 

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Why did you let this slip? Now everyone knows that we mods are not to be trusted. But I will be happy with the kickback we got from WB this week. Stupid Lionsgate refusing to pay us for Allegiant last week - they saw what happened, all studios should respect us more now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GiantCALBears said:

Easter is today James...

Easter is today but I know schools here in the UK stop for two weeks holiday this Friday. Easter was earlier this year. So international box office could benefit.

Anyway, incredible start worldwide :) 

1 minute ago, Omario said:

Whenever i look at his ODI average and runs i  think he will pass Tendulkar. he already has 25 hundreds and 7k runs. He is only 27! Its going to happen. He has amassed so much in such little time. 

He is the 90s Tendulkar for sure, only with a much much better supporting cast - and a much better Win-Loss record. I feel like thanking Anushka for dumping him as well, his form just returned big time. Great victory for sure :) 

• Like 2