CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

12 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Not having China screwed Deadpool out of a couple million.

A couple? I think it would have preformed like a lot of Marvel films based on the fact that preformed very well in the other Asian markets. 

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Is this the best sequence in any super hero movie?

I miss Topher Grace as Spider-man. Much better than anyone else who has played him so far.

26 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I don't think it's an attack on me at all. Nor do I think it's an attack on "opposing" fans. It's just a pretty clear indicator that you're fairly invested in the outcome of this movie.

It doesn't make your job easier and deflects from discussing the film. Of course that I'm invested, I'm a fan of the genre and  I want to see the DCCU to succeed, since I'm literally a fan of all these characters. If we wasted less time talking about what the "haters" and the "fans" think of the film, if we didn't focused so much on what iJack or any other giving member here thinks, the discussions here would be much more richer. I'm not BKB or a simple Marvel guy to be fitted into a mold so we misdirect the discussion from the film to people reacting to it. 

I don't like all the Marvel Studios films either, I have some unpopular opinions like Ant-Man isn't really a great film but a somewhat good matinée. When you focus too much on what users think instead the films we should be actually discussing, it just detracts from the discussion of the film itself and generates animosity among people that should just respect different opinions. But enough of this, that's precisely the type of thing I'd like to see obliterated from the boards.

Edited by iJackSparrow

This has been a huge success for Wb they are now caught up with Marvel. The affleck solo and Ww movies are looking like they will do great. Ss seems like it will be a huge hit as well. All they need is fantastic beasts to do well and they are back on top again or second to Disney 

33 minutes ago, theStun said:

After seeing it for my 3rd time the biggest reaction at my theatre was Ghostbusters I was quite surprised. 

Awesome.

Same thing happened in my theatre, which kinda surprised me too because, due to the audience, I figured the trailer for Suicide Squad would get the best reactions.

15 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

$170 million OW?

Zach Snyder just got himself a pay raise.

really? just because the title had batman v superman this would open to atleast 150M regardless of the quality of the movie.. (a R rated deadpool did 130M)

this is batman vs superman were talking about.. a great movie with an epic marketing campaign and this would have openend with 200M

Edited by John Wars

Not that I fault anyone on zooming in on the 1.5B total claim. But look at that 1.2B-1.5B. What a range!

I had to do a double take, thought that was Kal for a moment there

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

This has been a huge success for Wb they are now caught up with Marvel. The affleck solo and Ww movies are looking like they will do great. Ss seems like it will be a huge hit as well. All they need is fantastic beasts to do well and they are back on top again or second to Disney 

I am glad that it has been a big money maketr so far in spite of the critical hatred, but even I would not say that they are caught up with any competing comic book universe. Let's just wait until week 2 at least. I also hope that Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad make bank and earn critical kudos.

3 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

I have a feeling suicide squad will be reviewed much better but gross much lower than BvS

You think SS will score over 29% on RT and less than a billion WW?

That's crazy talk.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I miss Topher Grace as Spider-man. Much better than anyone else who has played him so far.

You do mean Topher Grace or is that a typo?

• Like 1