CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 hour ago, DMan7 said:

Aren't those Int'l numbers a bit deceptive though. I mean the movie had the advantage of opening everywhere at the same time unlike previous comic book movies global totals.

I said the same thing last year when a lot of people were happy to give the OS OW record to JW for opening with 315m vs DH2's 314m, despite the fact that JW actually needed a huge opening from China to succeed. Actually, China aside, no movie ever came close to topping DH2's OS opening. Like, no other movie even managed to get over 300m. So saying it's unfair gives you nothing, even though I agree with you per se.  

Batman V. Superman was off to a amazing start despite mixed word of mouth, it was also the best start for Warner Bros, Ben Affleck, Batman, Superman, DC Comics, March, Easter, and Spring. The film should end its run north of 400 million. Zootopia held nicely this Easter weekend and should end its run close to 300 million. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 was off to a decent start although it's not going to reach the level of what the first film did back in 2002(but was never expected to) considering that it has a small budget, and dormant sequel the film could end its run north of 55 million. Miracles From Heaven and Allegiant are in photo finish for 4th/5th place Miracles From Heaven should hold up fine and should end its run close to 50 million. While Allegiant took a steep decline from its predecessor and should probably make around 70 million domestic. 10 Cloverfield Lane took another average drop and should end its run close to 70 million. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

When MJ found out Peter was Spidey I was so happy that the romance could move on and they'll get married and no more secret identity bullshit and angst and...and....and then spider-man 3 happened.:sadben:

I forgot I used to root for this couple.

I love that trilogy (well, the first two films) but Dunst's character just doesn't feel like MJ to me.

Edited by Kraken
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I know such schedules are mainly for the shareholders enjoyment, but at my age, I am beginning to feel slightly uncomfortable with such streched out release plans. *sigh* Oh well, at least F8 should be a goal that's reachable. Maybe F9 too.

• Like 3

Just now, Kraken said:

I love that trilogy but Dunst's character just doesn't feel like MJ to me.

Yeah she's more like a Gwen with MJs name. I'm hoping when the rereboot gets around to MJ theyll go for the supermodel MJ.

Has this been posted?

“The reviews did not matter at all,” an exec told me this morning. “Every market is over-performing.” Despite a critical drubbing in the U.S. and many mixed notices overseas, fans turned out to see Affleck essay the Batsuit for the first time and Cavill return as the son of Jor-El. A lot of them also evidently wanted to catch a glimpse of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman; she gets her own movie next summer. The Easter frame was a smart play by WB to stake out a few unfettered weeks. Says WB’s Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, “Our excellent date allows us to take advantage of the spring holidays with a five-week window until the next superhero film. Based on the strong word of mouth by fans we can look forward to a long and prosperous run.” 

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-opening-box-office-results-international-1201725677/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

So I assume you will try to get every OW OS and add them all together? Not even BOM has every market that exists, I think. 

Here's what we know for sure.

BvS opened to 75% or more of MoS's FINAL total in these markets:

- Mexico

- Brazil

- Russia

- Italy

- China

- Hong Kong

- India

- Most of Asia Pacific

A few other markets opened 60% or more of MoS's final total

- Spain

- Japan

- Philippines

- Scandinavia 

And every single market opened to way more than MoS's OW and most of them exceeded even TDKR's OW.

Keep in mind, all of this is in Dollars, not local currency.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CJohn said:

You think a movie opening with 170M (give or take 1-2M) isn't an event? Oh boy.

Sounds like the "Age of Ultron was a disappointment" claims.   (191 OW, 459 dom, 1.4 bil WW)   Yeah....sooo disappointing.

4 hours ago, VGPOP said:

Man of Steel -  $116,619,362

Batman v Superman - $170,100,000 (+45.9%)

Justice League - ???

Are you implying JL will increase?

That's not gonna happen, BVS is rotten on RT. Marvel fans hated the movie. It was too dark and it's not the Superman from the 70s who could rotate the Earth and so make the time go back.

There's no way a sequel to a movie like that will have an increase. :sadben:

Yeesh.  I thought this was the worst superhero film I've seen in probably a decade.  Inept filmmaking in almost every aspect except for the actors, who were giving it their all.  (Affleck was good.  Gadot provided the one spark of light in the entire grim affair, playing the only character who actually seemed to enjoy the act of existing.)

I will say that there was clapping and some cheering in my audience, particularly with Wonder Woman and whenever Batman was pounding away on Superman.  So, I wouldn't be surprised if the general WOM is better than the reviews would suggest.

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

- Mexico

- Brazil

- Russia

- Italy

- China

- Hong Kong

- India

- Most of Asia Pacific

- Spain

- Japan

- Philippines

- Scandinavia 

And every single market opened to way more than MoS's OW and most of them exceeded even TDKR's OW.

In UK highest SH weekend ever. In germany higher than MOS and all marvel movies

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

- Mexico

- Brazil

- Russia

- Italy

- China

- Hong Kong

- India

- Most of Asia Pacific

- Spain

- Japan

- Philippines

- Scandinavia 

Keep in mind, all of this is in Dollars, not local currency.

It has smashed MoS total here on OW alone. 

8 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Yeah she's more like a Gwen with MJs name. I'm hoping when the rereboot gets around to MJ theyll go for the supermodel MJ.

Yeah. I want party girl flirty tough as fuck MJ.

• Like 1