CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

My movie was at 8:30 which is pretty late when you consider the movie is over 2.5 hours and there was quite a few kids at mine as well.

also, critics and other people seriously exaggerated how violent the film was. This was really nothing, I would have no issue allowing my kids who are 8 and 11 to watch this. I didn't allow them to see deadpool though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

But it's true.  We've discussed this 100 times before.  Cinemascore is based off one theater.  WOWS got a D score or something.  There's all kinds of films that get marks that end up meaning nothing.  It has nothing to do with BvS.

It got a C, which makes sense if you consider how off putting the material of that film was for a lot of moviegoers.

I'm not going to depend CS that hard, but it's still a metric that can be used. You just should never compare scores between different genres. A comic-book blockbuster scoring below an A- is exceedingly rare, and the ones that do tend to have very bad legs. For instance, Green Lantern got a B and so did Watchmen, and both fell over 66% in their second weekend.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Man of Steel had mixed word of mouth and BvS across the board has had worse scores (RT Critic + audience score, cinema score, fast dropping IMDB, this forum review section). Everything indicates a pretty poor reception.

Yeah including that 1 theater that doesn't sell out next to BKB.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Sad Ben at 4.5 million views

Number 1 Trending Video on YT...

Who said good filmmaking didn't come from this movie.

Unfortunatley, it's not IN this movie.

Ok, I'm being way to harsh.  There's good stuff in it.  But...still.  Sad Ben rocks.

• Like 1

A B is not typically good, but it doesn't necessarily mean bad if it's a small number of extremely bad reactions dragging it down which is what happened to Wolf of Wall Street or Drive for example.

And of course, a movie of this size might just drag people out of curiosity no matter what people say.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Just now, #ED said:

Yeah including that 1 theater that doesn't sell out next to BKB.

Isn't BKB's theater the AMC Esquire 7 (based on what he posted before?)

He is right, it hasn't sold out a single show tomorrow - I mean, of the 11 shows programmed there tomorrow, 4 shows are less than 1 row away from being sold out, 5 shows are 50% or more full and the remaining 2 shows are midnight shows which have 10-15% sold.

• Like 1

I also think CinemaScore has an intriguing way of measuring things. I remember a report that said they only cover five theaters for each movie, but they are spread over a always rotating list (like it's NY, LA, and then three other states picked at random).