CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

3 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

It's amazing, isn't it? I don't read this much negativity in other superhero movies. Spiderman, iron man, avengers, Captain America, etc. 

I don't this hatred they have towards Superman or Batman. But it's more Superman than any other. 

They just can't accept or hate his powers. They consider them "bored" 

Or maybe it's Batman and his toys. 

I don't know

Child, were you even here for TASM2, AoU, JW, etc.?  Other superhero movies and blockbusters have gotten plenty of hate, especially when reception was mixed.

• Like 2

Just now, VGPOP said:

It's amazing, isn't it? I don't read this much negativity in other superhero movies. Spiderman, iron man, avengers, Captain America, etc. 

I don't this hatred they have towards Superman or Batman. But it's more Superman than any other. 

I don't know

It's also possible people love these characters, but hate Zack Snyder's take on them.  And they simply want the movie to underperform enough to get someone else steering the DC cinematic ship precisely because they love the characters.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Without someone dying and a hit song?

But with Batman and Superman on screen together for the first time.  F7 having similar attendance to BvS is a testament to F7, not the other way around.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think they have a GIANT problem on their hands.

An advantage to the Marvel Studios formula is they could pick and choose from many of their directors to lead the Avengers franchise.

With WB, they just went with Snyder for BvS and Justice League because he was the only director they trusted even though he didn't hit a home run for DC yet.

3 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

It's also possible people love these characters, but hate Zack Snyder's take on them.  And they simply want the movie to underperform enough to get someone else steering the DC cinematic ship precisely because they love the characters.

It's very possible. He's a director you simply love or hate.

I really liked Batman v Superman myself, but I can also see why some people would hate the movie.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

lol Family and Corona bigger then Batman and Superman 

Who would have thought? 

Well they made more at the international box office than Harry Potter and Star Wars.

So probably not surprising to most people. Those with a brain, anyway.

• Like 5

If I give negativity to these films, it's simply because I dislike Zack Snyder's vision. I don't actively hate Snyder, I think he can do something good w/the right material. I like Watchmen and Dawn Of The Dead, perfect they're not but they're skillfully executed. And 300 is pretty stupid, but it's entertaining too. So he's got some well made stuff in his portfolio. However, his take on the DC characters is not good and very disrespectful to those characters imo, so I'm not down w/that.

With all things considered at this point, Snyder has to really step down if he isn't kicked by WB. The only people that were on his side, the fans, have turned on him greatly after this movie and I'm sure he knows that at this point as well. 

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

lol Family and Corona bigger then Batman and Superman 

Who would have thought? 

Dude, a person died for that OW to happen. Just saying.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

An advantage to the Marvel Studios formula is they could pick and choose from many of their directors to lead the Avengers franchise.

With WB, they just went with Snyder for BvS and Justice League because he was the only director they trusted even though he didn't hit a home run for DC yet.

They wanted to have them all out asap. So they just went with the first decent dude that showed in front of them (hand picked by their God Nolan, no less).

It was a bad strategy, IMO. They should have schedule JL for 2018. In that way, they would have had time to see how BvS would perform.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

I don't know

TDK was pretty well received.

Maybe people don't like Snyder.

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Well they made more at the international box office than Harry Potter and Star Wars.

So probably not surprising to most people. Those with a brain, anyway.

However this seems to be holding true in the domestic market where superhero films are strong 

My point is we are moving the goal posts further and further down for this movie and forgetting its Batman and Superman. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

6 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Does Cavill have any acting chops to show off?

I thought he was good playing a bumbling fool of sorts in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. It's too bad that flopped because I really enjoyed the chemistry between him, Hammer, and Lady Vikander and wouldn't have minded spending additional time with them.

But yeah, these Superman movies are doing him no favors, all because of their interpretation of the character. Only thing you can say is that he looks perfect in the suit.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

But Avengers was Whedon's first movie for Marvel.  He wasn't already in their stable.  He won them over with his pitch.  Before that it was thought Favreau would do it and then came IM2.  Similarly, Joe Johnson wanted to do Cap 2 but Marvel didn't think he was the right director for modern Cap and the WS story line and the Russos won them over with their pitch even though their biggest success was doing TV comedy.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

But Avengers was Whedon's first movie for Marvel.  He wasn't already in their stable.  He won them over with his pitch.  Before that it was thought Favreau would do it and then came IM2.  Similarly, Joe Johnson wanted to do Cap 2 but Marvel didn't think he was the right director for modern Cap and the WS story line and the Russos won them over with their pitch even though their biggest success was doing TV comedy.

Marvel still spread things out more giving them time to change creative teams based on movie performances.

• Like 3