CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah....so I've read and heard otherwise. From people who I trust.

I'm not going to spoil the movie but I definitely don't like how it plays out on paper or how they have said it does on screen.

If you do, that's cool! Plenty of people have. I'm just not one of them.

I need more then seeing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman on the big screen. I need the hows, whats, and whys to add up to make it more then just CGI spectacle. And they don't the way they are now.

Different opinion I know. Like I know you weren't as fond with TFA as a lot of other people and I loved that movie. It's probably the same thing for DC fans seeing these characters again that they are willing to overlook the flaws or don't notice them because of the experience. And yeah before you say it, I know the TFA definitely has flaws.

I'll be honest with you. I got spoiled before seeing the movie too and I felt dreadfully down before seeing it. Turned out I enjoyed it a lot even though all the issues were still there. My point is reading about it will never be the same as seeing it. Big screen experience can never be replicated. Sorry if it sounds like I'm nagging you to see it but it's one of those film that has more to it than what you can read on paper.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

No I definitely did. A lot of other members saw it too.

But I'm not going to bring it back up man, I'll let it be. Glad you're on the other side now regarding that topic. That's all that matters.

I disagree but I respect your opinion.

1 minute ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

I'll be honest with you. I got spoiled before seeing the movie too and I felt dreadfully down before seeing it. Turned out I enjoyed it a lot even though all the issues were still there. My point is reading about it will never be the same as seeing it. Big screen experience can never be replicated. Sorry if it sounds like I'm nagging you to see it but it's one of those film that has more to it than what you can read on paper.

Right, I can completely understand where you're coming from. It's just not worth it to me. The theater experience is not something I have to have for this film. It will be just as loud in my headphones if not louder lol.

I have no problem with waiting. I have to catch up on Daredevil Season 2 anyway and a lot of other movies. I'm glad it lived up to what you wanted though!

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I disagree but I respect your opinion.

Cool, we'll let it be and I respect your passion for this film. Sure you guys will get numbers soon since rth is here anyway.

Edited by somebody85

1 minute ago, Jack Nevada said:

Yeah thanks a bunch Coolio. Looking at this fucking ventriloquist dummy ass looking bitch got me fuming all over sgain. Pee Wee Herman ass motherfucker.

the oscars could learn how to put on an awards ceremony.

• Like 1

Warner Bros' biggest hits in the last decade have come from Harry Potter, Batman and The Hobbit (I'm not including LOTR as that was made by New Line before they were folded into WB). It's no surprise that we're getting 3 Fantastic Beasts films because Potter continues to sell, the upcoming play in the West End which WB isn't directed involved with but likely has a financial stake in it will do mega business and will likely spawn a film adaptation within the next decade or so. DC is an untapped resource which WB didn't really utilise until Marvel started having mega business first with X-Men and Spider-Man then Marvel Studios with Iron Man, Avengers etc even animation which WB has a strong animation history with the Looney Tunes, they've only had one or two hits like Happy Feet, the Lego Movie kicking it out of the park for the first WAG film means they'll be ramping up their animation slate with Storks this year and Lego Batman and Ninjago next year. 

I think even if BvS doesn't crack $1bn, WB will likely solder on with the DCEU, their television slate is solid and I think if they can just 1 or 2 successful DC films a year that isn't Batman or Superman, that's a huge win for them;

1 minute ago, moviesRus said:

Y'all need to apologize to Drew McWeeny. He was spot on about this hot ass mess.

I think people was more mad at him making assumptions that Snyder would be fired and that Justice League would be delayed for a Batman film.

So far he isn't right.

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Right, I can completely understand where you're coming from. It's just not worth it to me. The theater experience is not something I have to have for this film. It will be just as loud in my headphones if not louder lol.

I have no problem with waiting. I have to catch up on Daredevil Season 2 anyway and a lot of other movies. I'm glad it lived up to what you wanted though!

Fair enough.

Just for the record even though I enjoyed BvS enough to give it an 8, I also think it's the worst possible JL set up for me so the film didn't leave me unscratched either.lol.

5 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

I think people was more mad at him making assumptions that Snyder would be fired and that Justice League would be delayed for a Batman film.

So far he isn't right.

And let's hope he isn't. BatMan solo could wait till 2019 easily.

Edited by Heat Vision