CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, #ED said:

Ouch? That's actually pretty good. I don't see it having a DH2 Friday, so...

Ultron is a far more weekend friendly movie and opened in May to 0.1M less on Thursday previews. This one will be more frontloaded and it was Easter Eve. It is an ok number, but it is far from great.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Someone is going to have to explain to me how this is not a good number. You do realize the first Avengers opened up to 18 million in previews right? How is this anything but a good number? This means the opening weekend to go anywhere from 150 to 225 million. I think you guys were expecting way too much if you really think this is a bad number.

For all the talk that it was outselling Ultron in pre-sales people were expecting it to surge way above it. Instead it was only hundred thousand more. And lastly BvS is going to be way more front loaded than any Avengers movie. No one is saying that $27.7M isn't good...it's just that with all the talk about it outselling certain films in pre-sales you would think its walk-in game would have been stronger.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Ultron is a far more weekend friendly movie and opened in May to 0.1M less on Thursday previews. This one will be more frontloaded and it was Easter Eve. It is an ok number, but it is far from great.

If this makes 65M total today, you will be completely right. I still see 75M+. I could be wrong, but I think pre-sales were good for today.

1 minute ago, #ED said:

A lot of people off work where? Not here in NYC. 

In Texas and the rest of the Bible Belt at a bare minimum. My company is part of the S&P 500 with over 1,000 employees and we are all off. My mom and sister's company is privately owned with 5,000 employees but jointly owned by two of the largest corporations in the world and they are all off. 

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Someone is going to have to explain to me how this is not a good number. You do realize the first Avengers opened up to 18 million in previews right? How is this anything but a good number? This means the opening weekend to go anywhere from 150 to 225 million. I think you guys were expecting way too much if you really think this is a bad number.

Avengers opened with midnights only before the TDKR shooting events. It was a different time. 

It's a great number.

Dont know why people are saying $175m though, look at TDKR multiplier from midnights. Then Easter weekend multipliers are typically 2-2.15x. $140-160m. Unless it over performs the rest of the weekend. Such a good start.