kayumanggi

Monday Numbers: 15.05 M BVS | About a 55% drop, better than F7 Easter Monday. EPIC CJohn meltdown starts Page 18.

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Like I said, maybe for Film History.

In terms of art or craft, nothing in TDK that couldn't be covered by an examination of Michael Mann's career. If they examined anything of Nolan's, it'd probably be MEMENTO's script.

We watched Inception in my film class back in my first semester. Since then, no Nolan.

37 minutes ago, Murgatroyd said:

Not unprecedented. Tangled and Frozen both did it, and for a very similar reason - lots of kids out of school yesterday who were in school on the first Monday.

Christmas holidays are a lot different than Easter Monday, which only about half the kids (if that many) get off in the US

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK STUPID PARAMOUNT PORTUGAL RELEASED A NEW 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE TRAILER AND IT SPOILS THE WHOLE DAMN THING. WHY DID I SEE IT. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THE MOVIE IS RUINED??!??!?!?!?!? IS THIS TOO MUCH OF A SPOILER??!?!?! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. I AM COLLAPSING INTERNALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM CRYING FFS. THE MOVIE ONLY OPENS HERE ON APRIl 7. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
 :sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben:

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

HOW DO YOU BRAINWASH YOURSELF INTO FORGETTING THINGS. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME. I AM ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

:sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Is it just me or is everyone's name that used to have a colored font is gone?

Something did crash into Jupiter today.

Think I will go check my food storage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Wanting a film to fail because you don't like it...... interesting.

Makes sense to me.    I love Spider-Man and Superman and want the bad movies they were in to fail so the studio would change what they were doing.   Rewarding a poor movies seems like a great way to get more movies just like that.  No danger of the studio not making any more movies with them either.

4 hours ago, SWXII said:

I hear it got an A from young adults and teens. That is an important audience especially for this type movie.

Wish they had no idea like this when I was a teen. 

So BvS is a "kiddie movie"?   ;) 

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

TA I AGREE is not noteworthy apart from a business point of view of creating a universe.

However Tdk I think is likely the most influential blockbuster of recent times to how many other movies get made..the dark gritty style and all.

Careful!   You're going to kill the "Critics only like Avengers type movies and don't want anything dark and gritty!" conspiracy theories.   Imagine how conflicted a TDK fan would be on that one.

Geez that is a lot of Sad Afflecks.

CJohn, having seen it. If they did show a spaceship and aliens, it's the worst part of the movie. It's the Cloverfield tie in that really should have been left out.

The movie will be just as tense seeing that stuff because what makes it so good are the performances from Mary Elizabeth Winstead and John Goodman.

If you read most reviews, you'll get the same consensus.

24 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

So what are Zootopia's chances at 300m now?

somewhere around page 2 I think we discussed this, but personally I don't see how it misses. I think this weekend should be between 18-20m and with another 9-10m from the weekdays this week you are looking at a gross around 275m by next Sunday night. Honestly think it will leg to about 325 if it keeps up, maybe even pass Minions total if it has phenomenal late legs.

• Like 1