abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

Just now, Deathlife said:

Batman vs Superman is an art film not made to make money?

:wacko:

I'm sure you guys are just goofing around right?

With some of these guys it's hard to tell. They're either really, really, really committed to their irony or super crazy. Maybe it started out as irony and developed into something else, or vice versa

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

BVS is an experimental concept, so to an extent we can compare it to an Art film. If WB wanted it to be a huge commercial success they would use some CBM formula to make it more appealing and easy for audiences to digest. If you watch the movie, you understand what I'm saying.

:jeb!:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

BVS is an experimental concept, so to an extent we can compare it to an Art film. If WB wanted it to be a huge commercial success they would use some CBM formula to make it more appealing and easy for audiences to digest. If you watch the movie, you understand what I'm saying.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169590/

:huh:

Edited by RandomJC

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

We've all watched the film and none of us understand what you're saying. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Kids were out of school monday....not adults.

I'm pretty sure I didn't have school Monday. Or at least I hope i didn't, i dont wanna have to make it up in Saturday school :/.

• Like 2

I'm still confused. Yesterday, some folks were arguing forcefully that there's nothing like Easter Monday hence BvS number wasn't inflated.

But I'm reading now that it was inflated due to the Eastwr holiday.

Which is it exactly? Because it seems people are interpreting figures to fit their agendas.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Deathlife said:

I'm still confused. Yesterday, some folks were arguing forcefully that there's nothing like Easter Monday hence BvS number wasn't inflated.

Which is it exactly? Because it seems people are interpreting figures to fit their agendas.

To be honest, these Batman v Superman threads always turn out to be very confusing.

• Like 2

Just now, Deathlife said:

Nobody knows shit don't pay attention to what anyone says. We just gotta make it through these dumb first weekday threads to get to next weekend and get our first real idea of how this will hold

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Deathlife said:

It's not it seems. You're 100% correct. 

31 minutes ago, 5upe5 said:

Clash fell 59 and F7 61.5 weekend 2. Closer to 60 coming than 65-70% drop many are predicting?  

F7's drop was 59.5% from full OW of 147.2m. If you remove the previews (for the sake of calculations) the drop from the true OW of 131m was 54.5%.

Giving the same 54.5% drop to BVS's true OW of 138m, you get a weekend of 62.9m which is a 62% drop from full OW of BVS.

So IMO 62% is the minimum BVS is going to fall and I won't consider it bad. I will gladly take 62-65%.

EDIT: F7's drop was not 61.5% but 59.5%.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

Deadline reported that 40% of schools were closed on Monday. 

The truth is big openers don't tend to hold to regular weekday patterns and we don't have enough big March openers for there to be good reference points here. People are going to keep mentioning Hunger Games and Furious 7 cuz that's all we've got but, as we all know, fanboy event movies tend to behave differently. Just gotta play this one by ear

• Like 3