abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

17 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Imo BvS was never making more then 1.3 billion. It's coming off mos, had its release delayed, had trailers people didn't like and let's not forget we had tons of people question Affleck and Gadot in their rolls. Had the reviews been better, wom would have been way better and that could of taken it to the higher end, right now it looks like the movie should make that billion. I personally see JL1 making more then BvS and also see a solo batman movie making more as well.

I think WB is a lot more pleased then any of us think, if this crosses the 700+

million mark Sunday like predicted that would be a pretty good 11 days for them. 

The Avengers - 1.5 billion

Age of Ultron - 1.4 billion

Iron Man 3 - 1.2 billion

Civil war - I believe it will make more than 1 billion

Infinity War 1 and 2 - Sure will make more than 1.5 million.

If the movie was good, BvS had the potential to overcome the Avengers. I repeat, do not see any other movie in the DC Universe doing more than BvS, not even the Justice League.

Zack Snyder blew it.

Edited by Gabriel Sales

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

No, I was only correcting the facts being discussed. I do not actually agree with any of Alfred's rants. Just when I see someone claim IM2 didn't have a big budget, that is horse shit. Stick to the facts. There are plenty of problems with Alfred's arguments and you brought up some good ones above.

WB doesn't need to follow Marvel Studios formula when it comes to their superhero films. What they need is understand why Marvel did some of their decisions and why it worked. No one hated Favreau after IM2, but everyone hoped he wouldn't be directing The Avengers, since he didn't seem able to deal with a larger cast and make the exposition work. I don't even think the criticisms over that film are completely fair because it did was set out to do, without being an actual bad film.

I think that the "Transformers argument" doesn't really work either, Transformers don't have a large fanbase very vocal saying what the film got it wrong online. Keeping Snyder for the first Justice League film has the potential to be the worst mistake any studio has ever done when building a franchise, especially if we look how obviously rushed the process is. Not even Transformers films were made that way, and that's why I'm hopeful that Warner will have the wisdom to step back and set the sails right. Do you remember any Transformers films going into production right after one was savaged like this film? Because I don't think any studio has ever done this.

6 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

God, the Potter movies really were a license to print money.

What shocks me if Warner Bros hasn't brought in some of Potter directors for the DCEU. I think Chris Columbus would be a good fit for Shazam.

Edited by Heat Vision
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gabriel Sales said:

The Avengers - 1.5 billion

Age of Ultron - 1.4 billion

Iron Man 3 - 1.2 billion

Civil war - I believe it will make more than 1 billion

Infinta War 1 and 2 - Sure will make more than 1.5 million.

If the movie was good, BvS had the potential to overcome the Avengers. I repeat, do not see any other movie in the DC Universe doing more than BvS, not even the Justice League.

Zack Snyder blew it.

I disagree, I think people made unrealistic expectations for this movie that it was just never going to meet. 

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

WB doesn't need to follow Marvel Studios formula when it comes to their superhero films. What they need is understand why Marvel did some of their decisions and why it worked. No one hated Favreau after IM2, but everyone hoped he wouldn't be directing The Avengers, since he didn't seem able to deal with a larger cast and make the exposition work. I don't even think the criticisms over that film are completely fair because it did was set out to do, without being an actual bad film.

I think that the "Transformers argument" doesn't really work either, Transformers don't have a large fanbase very vocal saying what the film got it wrong online. Keeping Snyder for the first Justice League film has the potential to be the worst mistake any studio has ever done when building a franchise, especially if we look how obviously rushed the process is. Not even Transformers films were made that way, and that's why I'm hopeful that Warner will have the wisdom to step back and set the sails right. Do you remember any Transformers films going into production right after one was savaged like this film? Because I don't think any studio has ever done this.

I think it might be too late. They gambled big on Snyder and it's backfiring. Problem is if you want Snyder fired, the studio is probably too happy with the box office to get rid of him. To get him booted would require something disastrous like the film opening under Deadpool's opening. If that happened I believe we would see some serious movement from WB. Just have to hope everyone involved learned something and will do a better job on the next movie.

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I think it might be too late. They gambled big on Snyder and it's backfiring. Problem is if you want Snyder fired, the studio is probably too happy with the box office to get rid of him. To get him booted would require something disastrous like the film opening under Deadpool's opening. If that happened I believe we would see some serious movement from WB. Just have to hope everyone involved learned something and will do a better job on the next movie.

Call it wishful thinking, but I'm doubting Justice League is moving forward with Zack Snyder at helm and I'll only believe it when a press release happens that they have officially started production. I just can't believe that they could cancel a George Miller Justice League film and not delay Justice League to find someone else to direct it and rework the whole screenplay. I just can't.

I think the point we forget it's

Mofo Batman vs Superman people.

This could have been a much bigger hit if executed better.

The box office is good...

But unlike TF2 this was not supposed to be so trashed by critics and be so divisive by audiences.

I think they made a hit but likely left 100s of millions off the film and likely future DC films.

For crying out loud people like me and my family should have been dying to see it but have skipped it in theaters due to the negativity.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Next month(April) besides The Jungle Book and BVS doesn't really have anything exciting. God's Not

Dead 2 will open in the low teens and make 38 million domestic. The Boss should net in 22-24 million opening weekend, and make 75 million domestic. Barbershop 3 will debut with 13-15 million, and make 40 million. The Huntsman will do 35 OW, and make 85 million domestic. Keanu will do 18-20 OW and make 48 million domestic.

11 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Maybe because most of them were awful?

Between disliking both Harry Potter and Michelle Monaghan, you are kinda awful.

You have no power here. Be gone, before somebody drops a house on you. ;)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I disagree, I think people made unrealistic expectations for this movie that it was just never going to meet. 

Maybe it was the $ 200 million spent on marketing that caused all this expectation. I do not believe that Warner as with a final of less than 1 billion, all routes to this, the film is a soft flop in big markets like China, France and Japan. 

I repeat, if the movie was good would easy 1.5 billion.

10 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Call it wishful thinking, but I'm doubting Justice League is moving forward with Zack Snyder at helm and I'll only believe it when a press release happens that they have officially started production. I just can't believe that they could cancel a George Miller Justice League film and not delay Justice League to find someone else to direct it and rework the whole screenplay. I just can't.

Man, im not one to speak up too much -- but holy shit you are even worse than a broken record.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gabriel Sales said:

Maybe it was the $ 200 million spent on marketing that caused all this expectation. I do not believe that Warner as with a final of less than 1 billion, all routes to this, the film is a soft flop in big markets like China, France and Japan. 

I repeat, if the movie was good would easy 1.5 billion.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, I disagree. I do agree they left money on the table but to say an "easy 1.5 billion" is just wrong. You're not factoring in any of the negatives at all before release.