abra

Wednesday: BvS $8.1M

4 minutes ago, James said:

Just read that Christensen is coming back for SW Ep 8. Now I finally have a reason to look forward to that movie. Hope he gets enough screen time.

I see no news on this. Are you sure you aren't being April Fooled? ;)

• Like 2

On the bright side, I'm sure Hayden Christensen got excited at the prospect that someone has cared about him for the first time this whole decade (seriously, I just looked up his acting credits for the past few years and didn't know whether to laugh or cry).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I was looking at Mojo's records for Buena Vista the other day (seeing where Zootopia fit in the overall top 25 of the company) and I noticed something. Disney has a great history of film making, but they had never been the "big" studio. And it wasn't until the 1980s that they scored a 100m film in 1 run and only then they didn't score a 100m animated film until Beauty and the Beast. They had output on a decent level but they didn't really start to score big until they created the Touchstone banner in the late 80s. Lionsgate is similar in my book. Sure they have had hits, but like you said they haven't been able to break their mold outside of the Hunger Games. Maybe they need to take a playbook from Disney's 1980s history.

**matter of fact Disney's first 2 100m grossers were back to back releases in 1987 - 3 Men & A Baby and Good Morning, Vietnam**

Outside of their franchise fair (THG and the final release of Twilight) Lionsgate has 2 100m films - 1 from 2004 and then 1 from 2013 they got to do much better to even be thought of as a mini-major (IMO)

Disney was actually independent for years, which hurt their status as being considered one of the big studios for years, that and the fact they released less films then most of the major film companies back then.

They actually had a number of hugely successful live-action comedies throughout the sixties and seventies, some of which would adjusts to over 200m in today's dollars for example. 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

On the bright side, I'm sure Hayden Christensen got excited at the prospect that someone has cared about him for the first time this whole decade (seriously, I just looked up his acting credits for the past few years and didn't know whether to laugh or cry).

Didn't he basically retire?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

3 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Didn't he basically retire?

Yeah, he basically stepped away for awhile.

3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Came out not long after War Room and totally got lost in its shadow.

Lawd talk about maudlin.

I propose that we skip comic book movies and do the next ranking system for "biggest fall of the once promising actors of the early 2000s."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Came out not long after War Room and totally got lost in its shadow.

I don't get it.   Did they just celebrate pulling a guy out of freaking HEAVEN through the power of prayer back to a life of pain and rehab?    "Gee thanks guys!   Mind your own business!"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Subzero said:

http://screenrant.com/box-office-prediction-batman-v-superman-second-weekend/

With all that in mind, we’re estimating that Batman V Superman will gross about $66.4 million in its second weekend, which would be an even 60 percent decrease from its $166 million opening. The box office prediction.

Screenrant sucks...it's going to drop 70%. :sadben:

11 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

They are on to us! Execute plan alpha gamma beta! This is not a drill!! :circles:

Lego Batman removed your plan from the Lex files. Then he ate them. Too bad for you Lancelot.lego-batman.jpg

• Like 1

This has to be considered a (minor) failure for Warner Bros. Yes, it will still be profitable, but consider the marketing campaign. I don't care about the costs, just the sheer scale of it:

3 full Comic-Cons basically dedicated just to this,

2 years of social marketing, with the Batman/Batmobile and other teases happening as early as May 2014,

A full year of marketing, with an almost unprecedented four full trailers,

All of the partners they had spreading the good word, and boy there were plenty. BvS was all over the place.

And the appeal of having DC's main three heroes in a single film for the first time,

... for the film to be (potentially) sinking like a rock, after that front-loaded first 48 hours, is awful.

Maybe Warner Bros was banking on China. Well, I heard it busted over there.

Zack Snyder needs to be removed.

Edited by OncomingStorm93