WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It will be hard for them to find another job. They will be unemployed for a big part of the time they were meant to be working in JL. 

Serious ?, since when has potential job losses been apart of our BO analysis on here or on mojo? It sounds so absurd that it suddenly matters so much.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

fire Snyder and bring in a master director like Peyton Reed or Tim Miller to direct JL

1 minute ago, MARTHA!!!!!!!!! said:

Honestly, at this point I think they need the Russo Brothers.

Fuck both of you.

BRING GOD TREVORROW. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Magic said:

Well if they don't make some major changes now, JL1 will send the DCEU down in flames regardless. Then people will be looking for new jobs anyway.

Crew members aren't attached to WB or DC or anything. They have no connection to the universe except as a project they're working on for awhile. It's not like they finish up one DC project and roll into the next one. So while they have flexibility in terms of trying to find work (since they're not attached to any studio), the short time frame means it's difficult to immediately line up a replacement gig because everything is already booked.

• Like 2

People don't care about directors.

We ve been through this.

They know Spielberg, Cameron, Bay, Jackson, JJ, Tarantino,GODLAN, Scorcese and the Marvel logo and that s pretty much it.

Edit

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

Just now, The Futurist said:

We ve been through this.

They know Spielberg, Cameron, Bay, Jackson, JJ, Tarantino, Scorcese and the Marvel logo and that s pretty much it.

I am just gonna assume you forgot about Nolan and not ban you immediately. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

From The Wrap:

Warner Bros. executives won’t be fretting too much. Their PG-13 rated blockbuster has already amassed $588 million globally, topping the entire runs of “Ant-Man,” “Thor” and “Captain America,” and delivered on the most of goals the studio had in mind for the kickoff film in DC Comics Universe.

:D:lol:

Ant-Man is the goal post??

• Like 7

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Serious ?, since when has potential job losses been apart of our BO analysis on here or on mojo? It sounds so absurd that it suddenly matters so much.

Cause generally CAL we deal with movies that are already done or people don't root against movies that are 2 weeks away from shooting. If JL was like a year away from beginning shooting, Tele wouldn't be saying anything.

• Like 2

We ve been through this.

They know Spielberg, Cameron, Bay, Jackson, JJ, Tarantino, Scorcese and the Marvel logo and that s pretty much it.

all the teenage girls know tim burton. at least they did when i was high schoolin they probably don't give a shit now.

• Like 3

Jane Got A Gun lost 85% of its theaters on its 2nd week-end and 98% the week-end after.

Allegiant performed like shit.

Pretty sure everyone was laughing at them in the numbers threads, me included. :ph34r:

We ve been through this.

Half of those are debatable

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Guys I'm pretty sure you can goof on the movie. We goof on every movie. The mods are just asking you to not be a raging asshole. We've got enough people signing up here solely to act like raging assholes atm

thats-a-bingo.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Cause generally CAL we deal with movies that are already done or people don't root against movies that are 2 weeks away from shooting. If JL was like a year away from beginning shooting, Tele wouldn't be saying anything.

I'm not even saying you can't root against it! :lol: I just wanted to offer a tiny bit of perspective.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Crew members aren't attached to WB or DC or anything. They have no connection to the universe except as a project they're working on for awhile. It's not like they finish up one DC project and roll into the next one. So while they have flexibility in terms of trying to find work (since they're not attached to any studio), the short time frame means it's difficult to immediately line up a replacement gig because everything is already booked.

The people working on JL1 might not be affected, but the crew on the next film in production lined up afterwards will be in the same position as the crew for JL1 would be if they delayed it now. 

Either they can salvage this thing or they can't. WB need to look at the big picture, an entire slate of films that could collapse, not just at one film. 

Edited by Magic
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, John Wars said:

People are rooting against movies in every single movie thread.. but now it suddenly matters cause people might get fired? lol

i understand the mods/admins, they prob have full inboxes with ppl bitching and complaining.. but this is ridiculous..

But it's not just Zack or WB Exectives. we are  talking about people likes us with regular income. Imagine if JL is cancel you know how money workers are depending on that money? It would be different before pre production but they are not. It's start in 9 days. That just fucked up. I wouldn't want that to happen with me?

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

What I also don't get is, if WB ends up thinking it's better financially to delay JL1 and change the creative team, and it does end up helping them financially and creating a more sustainable franchise in the long run, aren't they saving more long term jobs than risking JL1 being the death of the franchise?

People look at short term job loss as cruel and cold-hearted, but in the end people get fired and people get hired.  The economy booms and the economy crashes.  If WB thinks this would be better for long-term growth for the studio, then it's possible they're taking a short term financial bullet for better long run success.

And to be fair, If you are one of the people saying, "what about the jobs that will be lost if Snyder is fired," if you've ever had satisfaction in something you didn't like failing.  If you have ever encouraged the change of a director.  If you have ever been satisfied with a company you didn't like having bad quarters.  If you've ever been happy or wanted a corporate decision you didn't like to cause financial backfire.  If you've ever disliked the cast/crew of any movie and wanted it to fail, then you're acting hypocritical. 

People losing their jobs because a project failed isn't anything new, and people getting hired/raises because a project succeeded isn't anything new.  It's how the business works.

• Like 5