WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

12 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think Batman vs Superman needed a circle shot like the Avengers :sadben::lol:

Eh, there's only three participants as opposed to six and they're facing one single entity (Doomsday) as opposed to a threat that's all around them (the Chitauri invasion) so a circle shot wouldn't make much sense in context. Not that the group shot that does exist in BvS is going to have much of a lasting impact anyway.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

You know what BvS needed? 

Robin.

Actually you might be on to something. Opening the film with a flashback to Joker killing Robin would've better set up the Batman in this movie than showing the Waynes dying yet again. They might've even had to come up with a better resolution

to Batman Ving Superman than Martha Bros.

• Community Manager

Actually you might be on to something. Opening the film with a flashback to Joker killing Robin would've better set up the Batman in this movie than showing the Waynes dying yet again. They might've even had to come up with a better resolution

to Batman Ving Superman than Martha Bros.

I meant have Robin be there for comic relief.

Although it would be an interesting arc if Jared Leto played Robin....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Aren't these two statements at odds? The Batfleck script isn't greenlit yet. In fact, aside from the fact it exists, we have no idea how ready it is for production. How is that not rushing, while JL would be?

I agree on that, but there are ways to fix this without rushing it (too much) and avoid the damage already done. 

Take Wonder Woman out of Transformers path if they can and get that to the President Day in February. If the film is good, it could go head to head with Transformers but even if the film is good it's too much of a risky move to keep it there. 

It seems that Snyder's Crime Syndicate was a lot about Aquaman and Atlantis. James Wan is probably finishing post-production on Conjuring 2, so get him to direct Aquaman now if they have an screenplay they trust, most of all get people there that can work that out for them: Paul Dini and Bruce Timm are invaluable assets that are never used as much as Geoff Johns, and the latter was the "creative consultant" for Green Lantern, MoS and BvS. Get Aquaman ready for the November release instead of Snyder's latest fuckery. 

In 2018, more two DC films: The Flash and The Batman. The SINGLE sign of good will that the DCEU has it going with the masses right now is the tv shows. It'd be wise at this point to listen and find a way to integrate Grant Gustin as the Flash instead of Ezra Miller, and bring Stephen Ammell and Melissa Benoist into the fold too while you are at it. The DCCU could easily explain how Ezra and Grant are two different Barry Allens from different timelines, but the first  move I believe is to make the 2018 season of these shows the last, but going fucking epic with it. Give them the cinematic universe treatment and go from there. Warner isn't in position to disregard any good will they have going for them, and these three tv shows are easily the best things they have going for them right now, not because I watch them, but because people everywhere (here included) seem to be way more invested on them than they ever were with BvS/MoS.

As for Ben Affleck's Batman that's an easy win. Get the film ready for the 2018's Snyder's Manslaughter League release date instead. If you want to get bold, get the Suicide Squad's sequel going this year or in 2019 too. 

In 2019, decide what is the best move: get a Justice League first or a Superman film dealing with the aftermath of BvS. I'd go with the latter, but I'd be keen to get onboard what someone like Joss Whedon would do in that situation. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

To me doomsday seems like a mid level boss then a final boss.

Like the cave troll in Fellowship of thr Ring. At least the film had Balrog or a big groups of urkia 

i know right, completely uneventful. Thats also the problem i have with the Avengers movies. Terrible villains. 

I guess not everyone can have a Francis (Ajax)

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Do you think they got out of TDK or MoS happy? C'mon, all 5 movies are not for kids. This is not the problem. The problem is that people don't like MoS and BvS. It is as simple as that.

Are you sure?

In NA MoS sold 4,542,987 Blu-ray +Dvd 

Iron Man 3 sold 2,650,061...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

In 2018, more two DC films: The Flash and The Batman. The SINGLE sign of good will that the DCEU has it going with the masses right now is the tv shows. It'd be wise at this point to listen and find a way to integrate Grant Gustin as the Flash instead of Ezra Miller, and bring Stephen Ammell and Melissa Benoist into the fold too while you are at it. The DCCU could easily explain how Ezra and Grant are two different Barry Allens from different timelines, but the first  move I believe is to make the 2018 season of these shows the last, but going fucking epic with it. Give them the cinematic universe treatment and go from there. Warner isn't in position to disregard any good will they have going for them, and these three tv shows are easily the best things they have going for them right now, not because I watch them, but because people everywhere (here included) seem to be way more invested on them than they ever were with BvS/MoS.

Dude, the shows CAN'T be a part of it. Stop with this nonsense, please :lol: Most people don't watch them. Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow don't even air here! Flash and Arrow air but with months of delay. It is simply not possible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, efialtes76 said:

Are you sure?

In NA MoS sold 4,542,987 Blu-ray +Dvd 

Iron Man 3 sold 2,650,061...

The Bluray sales of MoS always amazed me. They just destroy so many other bigger movies. 

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Oh god we were going to do the 5:15 show but the seats were $20 :stretcher:

Then I had to wait another hour for the next showing :sadben:

$20 for a movie ticket in Houston? I don't know what to say to that.

1 hour ago, Heat Vision said:

December 2018 is open.

Warner Bros dropped the ball though. I would have tried to counter the negativity is some way. Maybe announce a couple of future projects and bring some positive buzz to the DCEU.

And those that say Affleck is replacing Snyder are delusional. Affleck has never done a project that big in his life. He probably learned a lot from Snyder when it comes to directing Batman and he has a film with more grounded action before in The Town. Batman is where he should be at.

I think the solo Batman film will be either June or November 2019. If they do adapt the Red Hood, that has the potential to be brilliant. 

IMO BvS is more like X-Men Origins/The Last Stand or Spider-Man 3 rather than say a John Carter or Fantastic Four. Both The Last Stand, Origins and SM3 opened big but had bad legs due to WOM and critics.I imagine it has fallen short of expectations for WB but it's financially successful and it's not going to stop future DC films. 

43 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The problem was the final battle of man of steel was like watching a dbz fight on repeat for 20 mins.

Even in Dbz they took some time out for background score and dialogue and emotion.

hahaha as a huge DBZ fan, more like episodes of just staring and talking. 

Dragonball Super has been good so far though, interested where this new arc is going to go. Doesn't seem the stakes are there just yet.

15 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Bluray sales of MoS always amazed me. They just destroy so many other bigger movies. 

It honestly bodes well for the BVS Blu-Ray, especially since there's the Ultimate Edition on it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I knew it sold well, but not THAT well. God I love MOS, touches me like no other superhero film does. 

I'll be very curious to see if even those who didnt like BvS will want to check out the ultimate cut. I'm really really excited for it. Watchmen was a changed film from its theatrical cut to ultimate one. More Clark investigating Batman, more Lex, more action, more character development, more plot, different Africa sequence, etc, etc

7 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

You're seriously likening Ajax to a good villain? and bashing Doomsday in the process? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh Yes, i most certainly am. i didn't like Doomsday in this movie.

Not saying that Doomsday is a terrible Character in general.

19 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

You're seriously likening Ajax to a good villain? and bashing Doomsday in the process? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I wouldn't say AJAX is a good villain but he did his job. He did come across menacing in a few scenes.

Doomsday was just a giant CGI beast who threw electricity everywhere and destroyed things. He was barely a character. There was nothing different about him then (like what someone else said) a video game boss. He was a plot point for the movie to give the heroes something to do at the end and that's it.