WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

9 hours ago, grey ghost said:

My dream scenario:

JL production delayed 2 months with Paul Dini producing and Brad Bird directing.

Reading this post is like eating a bowl of pralines and cream ice cream with shortbread cookies.  So very yummy. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Not technically. I hate that belief in evolution automatically = atheist in many discussions. 

well... according to the comics, Jesus and Moses were mutants and not real prophets. 

36 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Also a lot of these Christian movies look like.. well, TV movies. Passion of the Christ at least felt like a real film.

did u know that the "Son of God" movie from 2014 was literally just a cut-down version from a TV Show called the Bible? Like they literally took 2 episodes (each ep is 2 hrs long) and cut them down into a 3 hr movie. ^_^ 

(in my opinion the show is really good, though :P)

9 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Solid recap of what 2016 has been so far

Zootopia's legs:

article-2274065-175E7B35000005DC-599_306

10 Cloverfield Lane's legs:

82836df3649af59e1eb328810c9a6021.jpg

Deadpool's legs:

Z8ZuyuG.jpg

The Revenant's legs:

Canada_03_1244536a.jpg

Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice's legs:

superman_03.jpg

You my friend are the humor, Batman V Superman so desperately needed.

At the time everyone was super serious talking about real job loss and you post this brilliance. God Mary Elizabeth Winstead for the win....and I wasn't ready for the last picture. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Even films with blatant Christian imagery that just don't reference God such as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2?

I worked with a guy who didn't watch Harry Potter movies or any similar type of movie due to his religious beliefs. The funny thing is that he is a huge movie fan lol. We would talk about movies all the time. 

Having read a good chunk of the last 30 to 40 pages...WTF happened here. From jobs on sets to BVS debates to Christian/Atheist film making.

In so many ways I've fallen in love with this board. (And Helen Mirran) may you never leave me.

I've also learned Tele is almost always right, and he has the power to smote me if he so chooses. :D

But now I sleep. (I really shouldn't post when I'm falling asleep.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I was looking at other superhero films drops and grosses and X-Men: The Last Stand had awful legs despite a huge four day opening as did Origins but did FOX decide to axe future X-Men films? Nope, and while FC and The Wolverine took a hit, the better critical reception and more positive WOM helped Days of Future Past. WB and DC just needs to bear the next few weeks of BvS before making decisions, they still have Suicide Squad coming in August and I think given it was getting more trailer views than BvS before WB has ramped up marketing makes me think it's going to do very well and it'll be unaffected by the WOM and reviews of BvS.

That movie had a mixed reception (nothing in the scale of BvS) and was a sequel to first great movies.  Plus it still made more than the both of them.  

So Fox was still in a much better position than WB in the sense that it didn't totally kill the goodwill and faith general audience had for that franchise, even more so, that Singer didn't direct it.  

In fact FOX was in the same position as Sony after Spiderman3.   A single movie underperforming after two great ones isn't enough to kill a franchise.  

A fourth Xmen movie, as well as a 4th Raimy Spiderman, if just better than the previous lackluster one would have put the franchise back on track.

Plus in a strict rhetorically point of view, Fox isn't in WB position that can afford axing franchises since it owns an entire portfolio of CB characters. 

FOX doesn't own the Xmen Intellectual property and doesn't have the luxury of chosing another property to replace them.

So if a movie flop or underperform it has only one option : make a better sequel/new movie or it reverts back to the owner of that property.

29 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

There's no direct correlations like that. In a letter, Tolkien said that nothing in LotR was allegorical, but that the fundamental ethics and worldview behind it were very much Christian, and Catholic in particular. In my opinion, that's the best way to handle the religious aspect of a story: Show, don't tell.

In fact, the only aspect of the entire mythos that is clearly allegorical are the conflation of Eru with God, Melkor with Satan, and the various lower spirits with angels.

Tolkien for dummies, very Catholic as you can see.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Telemachos said:

It was briefly locked and someone was banned for the weekend.

Why do I have a feeling I know who it was since I haven't seen him post since? lol

I could be totally wrong though! EDIT: Yep not sure who it was.

Edited by somebody85

it's funny because the twilight movies were frontloaded because they massively overperformed with a huge passionate fanbase that rushed out to see them as fast as they could, overall a successful positive performance that was one of the few things to essentially be criticism-proof. whereas bvs is frontloaded because of terrible reception, and it's actually underperforming. say what you will about twilight but its box office performance is hardly to be used as an insult, especially against this certified flop-- for twilight, its frontloadedness was a result of its success, for bvs, its frontloadedness is a result of its failure

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

He just couldn't stop eating. He even admitted it. 

That's why I don't smoke pot anymore.

One time, not at band camp, I was hanging late night with some friends and hitting the bong. I was wondering when the pizza was coming, then I had this realization, I asked the others if they were waiting anxiously as well. They were, then I soberingly told them that it came an hour ago and we ate it already. Lol. We ordered another! I put on 15 lbs that summer. 

• Like 2

• Community Manager
25 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

did u know that the "Son of God" movie from 2014 was literally just a cut-down version from a TV Show called the Bible? Like they literally took 2 episodes (each ep is 2 hrs long) and cut them down into a 3 hr movie. ^_^ 

(in my opinion the show is really good, though :P)

Not the first nor the last time that's been done.

Damn, if BVS fails to even make more than 800 million worldwide, I'm positive Snyder gets the boot from WB.

I like Snyder, but there's not way WB is satisfied with these numbers. This is basically another The Amazing Spider Man 2.

However, TASM 2 managed to have a higher budget than BVS. Thet spent almost 500 million. Sony's CEO even said they expected the movie to make 1 billion worldwide. At least we're glad that it sucked, because thanks to that, Spidey is in Civil War. :)

20-21 is a 30-37% jump.

With 21m on Sat needs 13.65m on Sunday to touch 50m. That's a 35% Sunday drop. Seems tough. If the Saturday is closer to 20-20.5 than 21m then 50m looks impossible.

Edited by a2knet