WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

2 minutes ago, Spike071 said:

So is $900 million good? Yes it is. Batman v Superman will make money with this take and its merchandise sales. But imagine if the movie made the same in merchandising AND grossed over $1 billion? That would be even better. And it's not like this was a pipe dream. With the concept for this film, the money was there for the taking if Snyder made a good movie. Don't kid yourself into thinking that's not the case. 

Allot of this movie's quick gross though is because it was released worldwide simultaneously resulting in a VERY front-loaded number which is not being sustained. If this film had more of a staggered release, there's no telling how badly that would have impacted business given the huge drops worldwide. So if WB ignores the very clear message that audiences do not like Snyder's approach, they are REALLY gambling if they think they can recreate the same front-loaded hype for Justice League and escape with another profit. When a movie of this scale BEATS the record drop from Batman & Robin within it's own character series, that is one heck of a statement. So the only positive takeaway from this film is they will likely find a profit, but also a warning not to go back to this director. Just because you jump off a cliff and survive doesn't mean you do it again. Whatever time and expense it costs to replace Snyder is clearly worth it.

10 hours ago, somebody85 said:

You my friend are the humor, Batman V Superman so desperately needed.

At the time everyone was super serious talking about real job loss and you post this brilliance. God Mary Elizabeth Winstead for the win....and I wasn't ready for the last picture. 

Morena Baccarin in that chair did it for me.

Z8ZuyuG.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Star Wars just by name is a phenomenon. 

Have you checked B.O's prediction for Neighbors 2? They're expecting a decrease, despite the first movie being loved by public, what you think that it's the reason for this? I just can't handle anymore, first, this girl killed my adorable franchise Fifth Wave, now, she's going to kill the carreer of Seth  1M8Bn4B.gif

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Morena Baccarin in that chair did it for me.

Z8ZuyuG.jpg

I'm glad that every single one of you appreciated my rundown of this year of surprises. My brilliance is quite simply unmatched.

Btw, when I first saw that Morena pic, I'm not sure which was happier: my soul, or my dick.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Cyborg could do okay.

Many people thought Ant Man was going to flop. It ended up 20 m away from 200 m.

Cyborg is gonna get canned as a solo movie for now. Flash should happen before the JL movie. Shazam and Green Lantern can wait until after JL.

13 minutes ago, Spike071 said:

You're still missing the point. It's not about how much money you make - it's about how much money you could have made but didn't. Why do you think athletes and actors making $10+ million are always renegotiating their contracts once they see their peers making more than them? The market has changed and now the money they were happy with a minute ago feels insulting. If you saw Batman v Superman you probably saw the trailer for "War Dogs." The first joke in the trailer addresses this very thing. They're happy that they won the government contract with the price they quoted until they discovered it was $50 million lower than the next lowest bidder. 

So is $900 million good? Yes it is. Batman v Superman will make money with this take and its merchandise sales. But imagine if the movie made the same in merchandising AND grossed over $1 billion? That would be even better. And it's not like this was a pipe dream. With the concept for this film, the money was there for the taking if Snyder made a good movie. Don't kid yourself into thinking that's not the case. 

We're on the same page. I'm not kidding myself though. Yes, potentially it could have made more. My point was labelling it a 'disaster' (which I know wasn't you) just isn't appropriate. It's a giant hit is what it is. 

Like I keep saying, I didn't think it would make a billion dollars anyway. These are dark and dreary, graphic novel inspired movies. Whether that's the approach Warners should be taking if they want to make more money is up for debate. Yet for me personally, I find it much more interesting they're taking risks than not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Have you checked B.O's prediction for Neighbors 2? They're expecting a decrease, despite the first movie being loved by public, what you think that it's the reason for this? I just can't handle anymore, first, this girl killed my adorable franchise Fifth Wave, now, she's going to kill the carreer of Seth  1M8Bn4B.gif

Neighbors had good legs but it got a pretty mixed reputation from movie fans.

Also "kill the career of Seth" no he destroyed his own career with the Interview debacle.

29 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think 3 is fine. They are separated enough. Marvel is also gonna start to have 3 movies per year. I don't see the problem as long as they are not released a month after each other.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Suicide Squad

Wonder Woman

Justice League

Flash

Aquaman

The Man of Tomorrow

Shazam

Justice League 2

Batman

Suicide Squad 2

Green Lantern Corps

Superman 

Titans or Birds of Prey

Justice League 3

Batman 2

Suicide Squad 3

Crime Syndicate

Justice League 4

New Gods

Batman 3

Justice League 5

End of Slate

I can see something like this working for Warner Bros if they play their cards right but the fate of their slate is in the hands of their next two films before Justice League. 

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Neighbors had good legs but it got a pretty mixed reputation from movie fans.

Also "kill the career of Seth" no he destroyed his own career with the Interview debacle.

Well, working with a Box Office poison is clearly not helping him, he should have called Hailee Steinfeld for this movie, she could help him

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Well, working with a Box Office poison is clearly not helping him, he should have called Hailee Steinfeld for this movie, she could help him

Nice shot at Chloe there.

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Steinfeld is not any better. 

• Like 1