WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

15 hours ago, somebody85 said:

You realize there was so much negativity directed towards the film because it looked bad right? Not because it was DC. Or because Marvel fans wanted it to fail...

Not all of it, of course, but some of the pre-release hatred was indeed from the anti-DC contingent of Marvel fans. You cannot deny it. Just like I am sure some DC fans would like Marvel films to fail. There are loony fanboys in all fandoms.

Batman v. Superman had an awful hold. The negativity surrounding the film has torpedoed it, and even the somewhat encouraging Saturday jump isn't enough to combat the feeling that things aren't going to get much brighter as the film's run continues. Now we'll see whether it can hold on against The Boss for the #1 spot next weekend.

Damn, Zootopia is a beast! I'm so happy that it's going to beat Minions domestically despite lacking the huge branding that carried that film.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 held quite well. It's putting together a solid run for a belated sequel that didn't appear to be in very high demand prior to opening.

God's Not Dead 2 had quite an underwhelming opening considering the impact that its predecessor had on its genre. The hook for this one ultimately wasn't as strong for the audience, and it was also (surprisingly) overshadowed by Miracles from Heaven. Ultimately, I think that Heaven's higher production values and gentler, more inspiring angle (as opposed to the angry polemics that the GND films put forth) played better with the target audience.

Allegiant recovered a little bit after last weekend's terrible hold, but it's still laughable that it took the film three weeks to reach the range in which its predecessors opened.

10 Cloverfield Lane has performed quite well. In stark contrast with its predecessor, it has actually had some nice staying power.

Eye in the Sky expanded well. Hopefully, strong word-of-mouth will keep it afloat in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I predict SUICIDE SQUAD to be a complete utter failure for the simple fact that no one outside of the DC fans know who these characters are, sans, the JOKER.. I think this will have limited appeal and with the title SUICIDE SQUAD, doesn't exactly scream general audience flocking to this..

Joker and Harley yes, but who outside of the DC/MArvel comic folks know Deadpool and look how that's doing. The trailers for SS has been outstanding I think it will do fine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I predict SUICIDE SQUAD to be a complete utter failure for the simple fact that no one outside of the DC fans know who these characters are, sans, the JOKER.. I think this will have limited appeal and with the title SUICIDE SQUAD, doesn't exactly scream general audience flocking to this..

Huh. Sounds kind of familiar. 

Oh yeah

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

About this BVS drop:

giphy.gif

LOL I saw snippets from the Conan interview and for the most part Cavill was sitting in the back with a pouty face. Probably thinking "hey, what happened to what was originally supposed to be my sequel?"

• Like 1

Cloverfield's sexy thighs carrying it to almost 70M DOM, and soon, 80M WW. Niiiice. Only thing sweeter than that is it it not only crosses 100M WW, but 80M DOM, which would have it on par w/the first movie. Can that happen, Paramount? Please? Go Spectre on it, if necessary.

If WB rejigs the schedule I think it'll look like this:

2017:

March 24th or August 11th: Wonder Woman

November 17th: Ready Player One

2018: 

March 30th: The Flash

July 28th: Justice League

November 16: Fantastic Beasts II

2019:

April 5th: Aquaman

June 14: Shazam or Suicide Squad sequel

November 22nd: Batman

2020: 

April 3rd: Wonder Woman sequel

June 19: Green Lantern Corp

November 20th: Fantastic Beasts III

14 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Can't say for sure till we have a sell out update in St. Louis. Basically it will come down to how empty the parking lot of the theater looks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Batman v. Superman had an awful hold. The negativity surrounding the film has torpedoed it, and even the somewhat encouraging Saturday jump isn't enough to combat the feeling that things aren't going to get much brighter as the film's run continues. Now we'll see whether it can hold on against The Boss for the #1 spot next weekend.

A 55% drop next week will give BVS 23.6m. Less if actuals are lower than 52.4m this weekend. Would bet on Boss being #1.

Damn, Zootopia is a beast! I'm so happy that it's going to beat Minions domestically despite lacking the huge branding that carried that film.

hmm...336m is still some ways away, especially considering Jungle Book will compete with Zootopia.

Allegiant recovered a little bit after last weekend's terrible hold, but it's still laughable that it took the film three weeks to reach the range in which its predecessors opened.

LOL...so true

Edited by a2knet

4 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

It boils down to the fact folks, that the General Audience simply love MARVEL more than DCU movies.. That's why GOTG did as well as it did and why SUICIDE SQUAD will fail..

Well agree to disagree. I think it seems poised to be huge

Batman V. Superman is still going to be a profit for WB and earn 365 million domestic. Zootopia keeps chugging along the top 2 spot and should earn at least 325 million domestic. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 had a strong hold this weekend and should earn around 60 million domestic. God's Not Dead 2 was off to a meh start, below the first film's debut(and that film was under 1,000 screens on its opening weekend) and should earn 25 million domestic. Miracles From Heaven is still holding up after Easter weekend,and should make its way between 65-70 million domestic. Allegiant had a solid drop but is still falling behind its predcessors and should still be on the way to above 70 million domestic. 10 Cloverfield Lane is having a good run which is just below Clovefield back in 2008 and should make north of 70 million domestic. Eyes In The Sky is doing fine and should make over 10 million domestic. Deadpool has  another strong hold within its 8 weeks on the top 10! With its DVD and bluray release coming out next month and dollar theaters coming around the summer and potential double features at drive-ins with X-Men Apocylpse or Independence Day:Resurgance. Deadpool should make its way to 370 million domestic. Hello My Name Is Doris is off to decent ways and should make north of 10 million domestic. London Has Fallen should fall short of 65 million.

DC fanboys should blame Zack Snyder and WB, not Disney and Marvel for the disappointing outcome of this film. I've been hearing out of this world conspiracy theories about Disney trying to destroy the DCCU.....it's comedy central.

• Like 4