WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

To recap guys Deadpool's 2nd Friday $16.2m, BvS $15.5m... Story of the year both ways.

Huh. I played $46.48 million in the derby for BvS. Would be funny if I got that right.

(I also think I overpredicted God is not Dead 2 with $6.56 million and Meet the Blacks with $5.43 million.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm not joking. Under $50m PLUS drops that keep going steep, PLUS losing theaters to Jungle Book could make this thing barely crawl $300m. I'm not thinking straight and I need to run estimates again but holy shit. Barely over $300m? Under $325m? Under $340m? If Fast 7 with a $59,5m second weekend did $354m dom, where do you think this is going? $15.5m would place this like maybe below $48m. Alright I'm going to smoke. 

Calm down and take a deep breath, it's not missing 300M. However passing SM3 became a real hurdle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, druv10 said:

Calm down and take a deep breath, it's not missing 300M. However passing SM3 became a real hurdle. 

I'm probably overreacting but I need to run a break down on this afterwards. Where SM3 ended again?

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, leatherjacket said:

Need help, Rth number 18-19, DHD 18.5, now DHD 15.5!!!! any help here? What number is granted?

RtH updated around page 24 with the new numbers - title just hasnt been updated

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

Need help, Rth number 18-19, DHD 18.5, now DHD 15.5!!!! any help here? What number is granted?

Rth updated his number to $15m a few pages back.   A few minutes later DHD updated to $15.5-17.1m Friday.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/batman-v-superman-box-office-second-weekend-gods-not-dead-2-1201729796/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

He wont be the only one, there are quite a few diehards who will have no way to spin this. At least CJohn is more realistic in his predictions.

And there in lies the problem and the reasons we had to have new rules put in place... Now to keep the "haters" ;) from going crazy with their celebrations over being right.

I still thinks its crazy that we can even talk about below 50m... 55m~ was such a great place to be

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I sincerely hope more people come around to this. The DCCU can live if Snyder leaves after this. But it just won't survive if he keeps getting any kind of active voice on this. A2knet is wrong saying that I'm gleefully saying this stuff. People that have followed me for time enough should remember that I've defended Snyder to no fucking end before Man of Steel. I actually like Sucker Punch for what it was, it's a fun mess. Watchmen was for a long time in my superhero films top ten, and it's still a film that I like a lot, even though it doesn't come close to the brilliance of the original book, I get it and for all its faults it still is a fucking great film. I wish I couldn't hate BvS, I wish I've liked Man of Steel more, but it's clearly not just me, and there's still time to save the DCCU, and while I feel bad for Snyder, I feel even worse for Ben and especially Cavill. They know these characters, and I feel that given the chance they'll do more than visually look the part. So while it sucks for Snyder, it sucks for us too, and sucks most of all to the actors involved. They just need to take their time to get these characters right, keep the actors and come exploding with Justice League with Joss Whedon or someone else around 2019-20. 

The only film from Snyder I like is "300". Every time I keep hoping that he brings the magic back but it seems he peaked with "300" and has nothing new to offer. He needs to be fired.... ASAP.

• Like 1

Just now, leatherjacket said:

Thanks what number we should count on? 15.5m!!!!

When it comes to such a broad range (DHD's 15.5 to 17.1) versus Rth (15) I try to err on the side of caution and get my disappointment out of the way upfront. So the 15.5 is a great # lol

• Like 1