kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

8 Minions Uni. $336,045,770 4,311 $115,718,405 4,301 7/10/15
9 Shrek the Third
(CG)
P/DW $322,719,944 4,172 $121,629,270 4,122 5/18/07
10 Up
(CG)
BV $293,004,164 3,886 $68,108,790 3,766 5/29/09
11 Monsters, Inc.
(CG)
BV $289,916,256 3,649 $62,577,067 3,237 11/2/01
12 Zootopia BV $285,135,482 3,959 $75,063,401 3,827 3/4/16

Zootopia will take down Up after this weekend, Shrek 3 is not safe.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

They must have released that extended cut on Saturday.

Don't you have a username to change :lol:? it did over what Han said and you said if it even came close that you would change your username for a month ? sucks for you doesnt it lol

Edited by mredman

3 minutes ago, mredman said:

Don't you have a username to change :lol:? it did over what Han said and you said if it even came close that you would change your username for a month ? sucks for you doesnt it lol

Ah, but here's the out: Is 10.6 "close" to 9.5?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ohana said:

If it was that terrible it wouldn't pass 250M Dom, It's just killing you it's almost passing 800M WW in 2 and a half weeks!
There's a bunch of negative BvS haters here that ignored every single positive thing that BvS achieved
I came to this board loving both DC and Marvel films and after 3 weeks It only made me become negative regarding the upcoming Marvel films
I'll be here to watch the amount of hypocrisy ppl will spread here when CW war won't pass 400M Dom and 1.2B WW.
I'll be here to point out every crappy thing I'll find about this movie just like many here did with BvS and i'm gonna enjoy this.

You do know that it's bo run is coming to an end thus the " two and a half weeks" phrase is irrelevant, right  ? As for civil war you are in for some hard times cause it will breeze 400 million, 1.2 billion and have huge critical and audience acclaim .

It would be funny to bring up some quotes about what  the desperate fanboys were expecting from BvS , say six months ago .

• Like 1

ZOOTP will be at 296m after a 14.3m (according to Deadline) weekend.

So just 27m away from SHREK3. That's less than 2x more (14.3 x 2 = 28.6).

imo SHREK3 is surely going down despite TJB's competition.

ZOOTP is too far into it's run and that too with a great reception for any competition to deal a huge blow (55-60% drop like the one KFP3 suffered when ZOOTP opened).

Considering the great holds ZOOTP has been having, even a big drop would mean 45-50% at most against TJB.

40-45% won't surprise me either.

Am betting on 326-331m dom total (30-35m more after this weekend of 14.3m).

BVS will be on 296.25m after a 23m weekend. So neck and neck with ZOOTP, with a bigger weekend but worse trending.

How much can BVS add after a 23m weekend?

Am thinking 35-40m more for 331-336m.

So it's gonna be close. Next weekend is gonna be a blast for BO followers.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

Civil War not getting 400M DOM and 1.2 B WW would indeed be a disappointment, but hardly the type of disappointment that BVS (which will barely clear or won't even make it to 1B WW) is. BVS is definitely not a flop, that's almost comparable to the ones calling AOU a flop last year - close to 800M WW in 3 weeks is hardly floppage. But, compared to what WB was pushing for, it's surely not the success they were hoping. Plus, hardly would Civil War not get good numbers considering that the initial reaction from critics is actually fairly good, which bodes well for the film's WOM and, therefore, its legs.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

44 minutes ago, a2knet said:

ZOOTP will be at 296m after a 14.3m (according to Deadline) weekend.

So just 27m away from SHREK3. That's less than 2x more (14.3 x 2 = 28.6).

imo SHREK3 is surely going down despite TJB's competition.

IMO, Shrek3 was dreck, but in fairness, it is at $408m DOM adjusted for inflation, and that's out of reach of Zootopia. 

I remember when Shrek3 banked $47m on its second day of release. At the time, nine years ago, that was jaw-dropping. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

I can't wait to see the actuals after this weekend. Someone is fudging somewhere and it's typically BVS. To think a film aimed at 50 something women as it's chief demographic is beating a film intended to be the flagship for a new franchise of films, with 3D and IMAX screens to boot, is quite the statement for it's collapse. One has to wonder how much the 3D and IMAX viewings have propped it up until now. All of that falls away next weekend in favor of Jungle Book. Potential for a harder drop next weekend.

• Like 1

Seriously why are some  people keep mentioning the timeline in which BvS has made its bo gross as if it has another two months or something in the theaters ? That's it people , it's almost over , don't try to make it seem better by constantly mentioning how it made x money in y days .

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Civil War not getting 400M DOM and 1.2 B WW would indeed be a disappointment, but hardly the type of disappointment that BVS (which will barely clear or won't even make it to 1B WW) is. BVS is definitely not a flop, that's almost comparable to the ones calling AOU a flop last year - close to 800M WW in 3 weeks is hardly floppage. But, compared to what WB was pushing for, it's surely not the success they were hoping. Plus, hardly would Civil War not get good numbers considering that the initial reaction from critics is actually fairly good, which bodes well for the film's WOM and, therefore, its legs.

It's definitely not a floppage but when you opened around $420M and won't reach $800M two weeks later, that's a testament of bad legs.

As i said earlier in that thread, as a comparison, Winter Soldier that opened around the same period of the year two years ago, so the comparative run holds, had an $95M domestic opening weekend versus $166M for BvS.

At the end of its run, BvS will have added roughly the same amount of money Winter Soldier did post opening weekend, if not lower when it should have increased that gap significantly.  

That's how bad the word of mouth is, the BO retention is and therefore how extensive the loss in BO projection is, based on opening weekend numbers.

Besides, out of the four $150M WB openers (TDK, TDKR and Deathly Hallow part2 included), this one, won't hit $1B despite being the second best opener.

Again, hard to deny that after that opening weekend, WB wasn't projecting it to hit one billion at the very least, based on previous similar opening weekend results.

Besides, overseas, markets have a quicker turnover as countries have also their local movies.  So when you registered the kind of drops it has registered in the past two weeks, it is bound to drop even more quicker as new releases are coming and it will drop theaters counts faster than on the domestic side.

In my theater for example, in two weeks from now, BvS will be totally removed and will be replaced by CA:CiVil War.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I agree about BvS.

Only the pessimistic people would call certain blockbusters, flops......bacause those films didn't exceed their box office expectations.

That's why i'm saying that Avengers: AOU, Spectre, BvS & the Hobbit sequels.....were not flops.

BvS isn't a flop. Although, when you start comparing BATMAN and SUPERMAN to Guardians of the Galaxy (lol), it cannot be considered a success.

Similar would apply to TFA, had it only grossed $1.1-$1.2 billion ww (TPM adjusts to $1.5-$1.6 billion).

AoU being seen as missing expectations is silly. It dropped domestically from the original (basically all sequels do) and increased slightly internationally. 

Hobbit, as a book, was nowhere near as big as Lotr, so no disappointment there.

Spectre is the only one being slightly disappointing. (It still showed a relatively smaller drop from Skyfall than BvS will show compared to TDKR, especially considering Nolan's trilogy wasn't in 3D)

5 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Melissa McCarthy is new Adam Sandler, critic proof, but will wear thin rather soon, if she don't expand, not a fat joke

Melissa McCarthy will always be Sookie and Molly as a contrast, though. What is Adam Sandlers change up?
I think it will do Melissas career very good, reminding people, what a great character brought her to what she is today.