Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

On 2/6/2019 at 12:41 AM, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Maybe this can be R after all

Maybe Disney can develop a second MCU storyline starting with Deadpool and adding other superheroes on R movies. But Black Widow is part of the original MCU, so unless they wanna shift BW to that new R-MCU, I'd say BW will be the standard PG13. 

I like all the people involved with this and I do hope they go for at least a hard PG-13 if not an R rating. I wanted Atomic Blonde to be good and it was sadly a disappointment so I would love for this to be in that vein but better

Edited by Rebeccas

2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

people really thought there would be an r-rated cut? this is Disney

Yeah, maybe a Logan or Deadpool (or even Punisher/Ghost Rider/Blade/etc) movie will be R-rated, but it's pretty hard to imagine any current MCU main character getting an R-rating. It just wouldn't fit in. MCU characters are extremely popular among the under 13 crowd (and the over 13 crowd, and every crowd), so cutting off a large portion of the already existing fanbase just doesn't make sense.

33 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

There is a strong possibility that this movie and/or the Eternal one are undercover Avengers movies, ready to be revealed after Endgame.

I've been thinking that all along. (Not necessarily Avengers, but something other than what is claimed, like FF, Young Avengers, X-Men 2099, etc). But if they pulled the rug out from under Black Widow, a lot of fans would be very upset, so I can't see that being a very good idea. Too many people would label the switch as being anti-woman or whatever (even if it's not really a switch, and was planned all along.) Now Eternals, on the other hand, could potentially be something else in disguise. People would get upset about the long-awaited and oft-requested Black Widow movie getting snapped out of existence, but no one is too attached to Eternals right now.

Though to be fair, there's still a 90-95% chance that the Eternals movie really is an Eternals movie, and not some sort of sneaky surprise.

The only "acceptable" replacement for a Black Widow movie would be some sort of A-Force movie, or similarly female-centric movie.

2 hours ago, kitik said:

Yeah, maybe a Logan or Deadpool (or even Punisher/Ghost Rider/Blade/etc) movie will be R-rated, but it's pretty hard to imagine any current MCU main character getting an R-rating. It just wouldn't fit in. MCU characters are extremely popular among the under 13 crowd (and the over 13 crowd, and every crowd), so cutting off a large portion of the already existing fanbase just doesn't make sense.

I've been thinking that all along. (Not necessarily Avengers, but something other than what is claimed, like FF, Young Avengers, X-Men 2099, etc). But if they pulled the rug out from under Black Widow, a lot of fans would be very upset, so I can't see that being a very good idea. Too many people would label the switch as being anti-woman or whatever (even if it's not really a switch, and was planned all along.) Now Eternals, on the other hand, could potentially be something else in disguise. People would get upset about the long-awaited and oft-requested Black Widow movie getting snapped out of existence, but no one is too attached to Eternals right now.

Though to be fair, there's still a 90-95% chance that the Eternals movie really is an Eternals movie, and not some sort of sneaky surprise.

The only "acceptable" replacement for a Black Widow movie would be some sort of A-Force movie, or similarly female-centric movie.

Unless if the Black Widow movie is still Black Widow, but like Civil War, with a large cast and several Avengers in it. I don't think they would do that tough. 

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

I think Bucky and Hawkguy will be in this 

Probably, but that's still not enough to make it an unofficial Avengers movie though. I guess if you had Nick Fury and Mockingbird. it would be sort of.. But I don't think any major players will be in it. (As in other characters with their own movie)