Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

12 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Saoirse and Emma are smart to pass cause they are very likely waiting for an actual big role that may result in a solo movie. Many actors pass on smaller marvel roles saying they want to be in consideration for X,Y,Z big characters. with X Men and Fantastic 4 moving to Marvel, plenty of opportunities are opening so why get yourself out of running with a one and done role?

True.   Though it can wind up passing on Pepper Potts and later getting Christine in Doctor Strange

Or worse, passing on a lead then winding up auditioning for 2nd male lead...

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Kyle Gallner and Michael Angarano, among others, auditioned for the secondary male lead.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Emma Watson is a poor actress, I hope that she doesn't end up in anything that could be remotely interesting.

Meh,

Her acting skills are not anything out of this world, but neither are Hemsworth's or Gadot's or Evans's or Momoa's, and they all have given memorable, immensely loved performances as superheroes. Often, it is about more than just technical skill; it's about charm, likeability, and how well you fit the role. 

For all we know, Watson could play an MCU character and totally make it her own, and be utterly winning and memorable in it, just like all the actors mentioned above did with Thor, Wonder Woman, Captain America, and Aquaman.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

True.   Though it can wind up passing on Pepper Potts and later getting Christine in Doctor Strange

Or worse, passing on a lead then winding up auditioning for 2nd male lead...

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Kyle Gallner and Michael Angarano, among others, auditioned for the secondary male lead.

agreed it's a risk but, then, Pepper didn't exactly boost Gwyneht's career so no loss either way for Rachel.

15 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

All three actresses are great so Marvel was winning no matter what.Last time Emma passed on a role she announced a little later that she was doing Beauty and the Beast so maybe we have our Batgirl lol

Which Batgirl are you on about, seeing as Cassie's been cast? Barbara or Stephanie?

12 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

Which Batgirl are you on about, seeing as Cassie's been cast? Barbara or Stephanie?

Leave it to WB to choose Cassie when Barbara was an option. I would love to see Barbara in a movie. Outside of Black Widow what are the options coming up for female lead in WB or Marvel. What does the merger between Fox and Marvel open up realistically?

Edited by Harley

2 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Meh,

Her acting skills are not anything out of this world, but neither are Hemsworth's or Gadot's or Evans's or Momoa's, and they all have given memorable, immensely loved performances as superheroes. Often, it is about more than just technical skill; it's about charm, likeability, and how well you fit the role. 

For all we know, Watson could play an MCU character and totally make it her own, and be utterly winning and memorable in it, just like all the actors mentioned above did with Thor, Wonder Woman, Captain America, and Aquaman.

Momoa-memorable? Pls stop with this bullshit. 

Evans has become memorable thanks to the Russo Brother in his third film with the Marvel studios

Edited by fabiopazzo2

1 hour ago, Harley said:

Leave it to WB to choose Cassie when Barbara was an option. I would love to see Barbara in a movie. Outside of Black Widow what are the options coming up for female lead in WB or Marvel. What does the merger between Fox and Marvel open up realistically?

Storm, X-23, Rogue with Storm at the top.  X-Men has quite a few female characters with lead potential. 

Even without Marvel has Kamala Khan, Monica Rambeau, She-Hulk, Jessica Drew etc and already introduced characters like Scarlet Witch, Valkyrie and the Women of Wakanda

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I could see Saorsie being considered for Sue Richards in an FF film, but I have a hard time seeing her as any Marvel character in a solo adventure..

Who could she potentially play? Tigra? Mockingbird? Spider-Woman? 

Or maybe she could eventually play Gwen Stacy?

I am betting that Feige will forget the Ultimate FF, and go back to the original FF which means Saorsie is way too young to play Susan Storm.

I think Naomi Watts and Elizabeth Blunt are great casting for Sue Richards.

4 hours ago, Harley said:

I think the DCEU's Batgirl film is meant to be for Barbara (Christina Hodson's doing the script and they're looking for a director).

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

I think the DCEU's Batgirl film is meant to be for Barbara (Christina Hodson's doing the script and they're looking for a director).

Ahh I didn’t realize that was still ongoing. Thanks for the info.

On 3/23/2019 at 6:16 PM, Frozen said:

Is there any truth to this? 

Taskmaster...interesting choice.

Black Widow doesn't have a deep solo rogues gallery so I was curious who they'd pick or if it would be an organization with a random star casting as leader of said group