Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

9 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Black Widow is gonna benefit from being the first MCU film in 10+ Months. I think it's partly why Captain Marvel did so well. 

7 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Widow's gonna have 0 of the advantages Captain Marvel did

16 minutes ago, Durden said:

The long wait can really becomes a great piece of marketing. I thing the gasp between Far From Home and this can help too. Fandom will be salivating for something.

After Endgame, people are going to want to see where the Marvel story and characters go next. Spider-Man will show some of that, but presumably since it's Sony they won't be allowed to go too far into the MCU line-up past Spidey and Fury and Happy.

If this is set in the present day, it'll do great. But if this is set in the past, I think that'll be seen as a big drawback for a lot of fans. If it's set post-Endgame, and shows us what's going on with Hawkeye, Hulk, etc, then fans are going to be super excited.

Just picking a completely random number out of thin air with nothing whatsoever to back it up, I think a present-day BW movie could make $200M more WW than a prequel BW movie. Maybe even more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Oh no...here we go.

"90 % on RT, 200 million dollar opening, 600 domestic, all locked" :etc. :D 

However, I do agree that most people are sleeping on this film. It will be a huge hit and I also think that the anticipation and the long history of people waiting for this to happen will help its chances...

It appears that all Kevin needs for a Billie now is 80% RT, 150 OW, 400 DOM ;)    

Spoiler

Seriously though, I think IW+Endgame’s effect in OS markets shouldn’t be underestimated.

Edited by Thanos Legion

I agree that a film in the present day can do more than a prequel.

But it's funny when people say that will flop, using Solo as a example.

They are absolutely right, no? The MCU flops every time. With WW and CM, it's a fact, the audience not want female superheroes. 007, Mission Impossible... the spy genre is a failure. Now imagine BW, a film that will have all of this. Disaster.

Edited by Durden
  • Like 3

After "Captain Marvel" I am confident that Marvel can do whatever they want. They could shit in front of peoples' doors and would still get a billion for it. I was shocked what kind of hype such a bland movie can create.  

"Black Widow" won't flop. Pretty sure they will add some other female power in some capacity (Scarlet Witch, Wasp, one of the BP ladies) and even if they won't - I like Black Widow as a character and I also like Scarlet Johansson. Black Widow has been there from the start. I believe she has a lot more fans than many people think. 

People who say this will flop are in for a huge surprise.

The MCU is hotter than ever, female superhero films are no longer CBMs' red-headed stepchild, as evidenced by the financial success of Captain Marvel and the financial/critical success of Wonder Woman. 

ScarJo in the right action vehicle can certainly draw crowds (remember how Lucy killed?)

And Black Widow is an audience favorite that has a cinematic narrative that is perfect to create anticipation and build buzz for a solo adventure.

I can totally see Marvel Studios creating a fantastic marketing strategy that emphasizes how much it is about fucking time we got a BW film.

I could be wrong, but if they play their cards right, Marvel will have a smashing winner in Black Widow (and I say this as someone who doesn't even care about the character that much!)

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone posted this on 4chan yesterday confirming her on the role

Spoiler

Black Widow

Scarlett Johansson, Julie Delpy, Jeremy Renner and Samuel L. Jackson will return.

Florence Pugh is in early talks for the female villain after Emma Watson passed.

Andre Holland, Trevante Rhodes and David Gyasi, among others, auditioned for the male villain.

Sienna Miller and Sebastian Koch in early talks for secondary villains.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Kyle Gallner and Michael Angarano, among others, auditioned for the secondary male lead.

Isabella Moner, Camilla Mendes and Amandla Steinberg, among other, eyed for supporting female role.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Someone posted this on 4chan yesterday confirming her on the role

Reveal hidden contents

Saoirse Ronan reportedly passed on the role too. They are all in Little Women together. 

Edited by Harley

Saoirse and Emma are smart to pass cause they are very likely waiting for an actual big role that may result in a solo movie. Many actors pass on smaller marvel roles saying they want to be in consideration for X,Y,Z big characters. with X Men and Fantastic 4 moving to Marvel, plenty of opportunities are opening so why get yourself out of running with a one and done role?

• Like 3

• Like 1