Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

29 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I think the solution is even simpler.  Black Widow is not the hill Feige will want to die on.

Whenever that day comes, if it comes, when Feige gets into a 'tiff' with Disney brass, it will be over something much much more substantial than this.  

There is no hill to die on. No tiff to be had. Feige wants theatrical release, Disney brass will want theatrical release, kumbayas all ‘round.  

30 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Widow will be released this year one way or another

Of course. That’s not remotely under discussion here or over at Disney. In fact, we can go further — Black Widow will be release by the end of July one way or another.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Of course. That’s not remotely under discussion here or over at Disney. In fact, we can go further — Black Widow will be release by the end of July one way or another.

Yep.  Simultaneously on Disney+ or Premier.  😁

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

People never learn and underestimate the same kind of movies time and again, it's exhausting...I'll put this on the fact you're new here, you have a lot to learn, it's ok.

That was unnecessarily rude and condescending, thanks!

• Like 10

I just read through the Corona thread. It seems cases are dropping rapidly. I now think this should release in Shang- chi' spot. The last delay. No more after July. I think Corona cases will surge again in the winter. I pity the movies that plan to release in Nov, Dec

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I'll put this on the fact you're new here, you have a lot to learn, it's ok.

:wintf:

DatPepper won in their first Derby attempt which was over 2 years ago. What is that saying about assumptions ?

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Yep.  Simultaneously on Disney+ or Premier.  😁

It’s definitely possible that they decide to go premier for it, especially if they like the PA numbers they see from Raya. Obviously not hybrid free, that just makes no sense.

1 hour ago, jatvision said:

Dump this thing on D+. This will ruin the perfect Billion Dollar streak even in normal times, now 😳

4 minutes ago, jatvision said:

yeah 3 + all of them after Widow. Widow will ruin it like Ant-Man and The Wasp did.

Dude...who cares?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Raya will be more than fine, it's Disney Animation with the quality going with it, and Soul was a big success despite the lack of initial buzz.

From what I see a lot of people on Twitter are interested in it but a new IP will not generate Marvel / DC / Star Wars levels of buzz that"s all, reviews and WOM are what drive new animated movies, which is also why they have better legs than the frontloaded Marvel / DC / SW...

People never learn and underestimate the same kind of movies time and again, it's exhausting...I'll put this on the fact you're new here, you have a lot to learn, it's ok.

Image result for devil wears prada you have got to calm down gif

You don't have to lash out at everyone who doesn't share your views on the holy grail that is Disney, ya know. And I say that as someone who is also a fan.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Gardner said:

Dude...who cares?

Hey, streaks are fun. Why imply people shouldn't care?   

I’m not concerned though. If this goes hybrid just call it a streak among pure theatrical films, and if it goes pure theatrical a Billie is in play anyway.

Anyway, my guess is this ends up moving to Jungle Cruise's current July 30 spot in a few weeks while that is turned into one of the Premier Access titles they've been hinting at. They're probably ready to be done with all the 2020/2021 actual Disney-branded titles they were hyping up during D23 in August 2019 (Onward, Mulan, Soul, Jungle, Raya, Cruella) and at this point are fine with collectively writing them off as COVID Casualties but are willing to stick it out for the MCU a bit longer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

There is no hill to die on. No tiff to be had. Feige wants theatrical release, Disney brass will want theatrical release, kumbayas all ‘round.  

Do I sense...agreement with me on the May kick to July (if it's not hybrid)?  No way:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Do I sense...agreement with me on the May kick to July (if it's not hybrid)?  No way:)...

By the end of July includes May 😛  

Possibilities ranked by how good an idea I think they are for Disney:

May theatrical 

June theatrical

July theatrical

May hybrid

June hybrid

July hybrid

Ranked by how likely I think they are:

May theatrical 

May hybrid

June theatrical

July theateical

June hybrid

July hybrid   

I don’t think anything else is even on the table.

Edited by WandaLegion
  • Like 2

I don't see them kicking it back to July and making it a hybrid, since at this point a delay would be specifically to avoid the hybrid route.

I could see the possibility of them talking Feige into doing it as a one time thing. They staked the date out for May 28 with Cruella, so unless they push it to June they may decide to keep the current date either way. Guess we just have to wait a few weeks and see.