grim22

Birth of a Nation | Fox Searchlight | Sundance Grand Jury Prize. ONLY DISCUSS THE MOVIE AND BOX OFFICE IN THIS THREAD.

Given that Jackie seems to be a much more manageable film to work with it's not surprising. Also as has been noted there isn't a lot of love for the film itself it would seem (not saying its a bad film, I obviously haven't seen it but warm receptions are not necessarily enthusiastic ones.

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Downright low-key compared to Disney's debate tie-in.

Unlike Disney's tie-in to Zootopia, it's also a major stretch. Disney didn't have to photoshop anything to create the tie-in.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 75live said:

I think it's funny because it's so ridiculous :P  But I wouldn't say that is a plus for the movie

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Unlike Disney's tie-in to Zootopia, it's also a major stretch. Disney didn't have to photoshop anything to create the tie-in.

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Unnecessary.

I agree.

On the other hand, they managed to come up with a 'promotion' that doesn't mention Nate Parker, which is kinda hard to do when he is star, director and co-writer.  In that sense it's sorta a win, I guess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trifle said:

I agree.

On the other hand, they managed to come up with a 'promotion' that doesn't mention Nate Parker, which is kinda hard to do when he is star, director and co-writer.  In that sense it's sorta a win, I guess.

Just Trump. Kind of a wash at best.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Has anyone seen any ads for this on TV? I haven't.

I saw one during football this weekend. I can't recall which game. Girl on the Train is really stepping up their marketing now. The difference is astounding. 

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

I saw one during football this weekend. I can't recall which game. Girl on the Train is really stepping up their marketing now. The difference is astounding. 

The Girl on the Train will open in at least 3,000 theaters. This is probably gonna be lucky if it even opens in 1/3rd of that. Seems like FSL is dropping it and moving on, especially after their purchase of Jackie.