CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

Stop moving the goalposts and trying to pretend that the box office hasn't been following traditional form the last 18 months and I gave multiple examples showing that, or you can pretend it is acting as normal and people can laugh at you.  

I'm not moving any goalposts, I responded to your points and now you're whining like a little bitch. Be quiet.

5 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

I'm not moving any goalposts, I responded to your points and now you're whining like a little bitch. Be quiet.

I'm not the one trying to argue TFA falls within traditional box office rules and performance.  Good luck with that, but now can add you to the list of people who don't know what they are talking about.  

7 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

I think u need a time out here Tree. Youre getting close to a 24 hour timeout in the corner. You can disagree with @nilephelan but no nEed to get abrassive

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Fantastic Beasts will do 90/250. Just fine. WB will move forward with the second movie.

I think that's too small an ow (considering high priced screens & 3D) and too good a multiplier (2.78x) for anything Potterish, even mildly so. :)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

The Boss's weekend should go like this:

3.1M Friday

4M Saturday

2.4M Sunday

9.5M Weekend

Pretty awful for a McCarthy comedy, The Jungle Book is stealing a lot of the older crowd.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Fantastic Beasts is not an Hp movie. It is has none of the characters from the HP movies and has no dramatic type of story. It is a full spinoff in every way.  Should do 230-250 which would be great 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Boss's weekend should go like this:

3.1M Friday

4M Saturday

2.4M Sunday

9.5M Weekend

Pretty awful for a McCarthy comedy, The Jungle Book is stealing a lot of the older crowd.

Also Barber Shop (I can't call it 'BS', that's just too funny)

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think that's too small and ow and too good a multiplier (2.78x) for anything Potterish, even mildly so. :)

I think it will perform more like one of the early Potter movies than the later ones as far as legs go

1 hour ago, #ED said:

Are we going to do this every Friday night/Sat morning? BvS has had a shitty increase every Friday. Nothing new. Zootopia also had a shitty increase.

Get over it folks and move on. 

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/e/e1/Shush.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130316223948

here we only talk bad about BvS

1 hour ago, nilephelan said:

I am still sticking with my prediction that BvS ends up outside the Top 10 this year.  Already will be at #5 behind Deadpool, Zootopia, Jungle Book and Captain America: Civil War in a few weeks.  Fully expect Dory, Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One to be ahead of it putting it at #8 in even the best case of scenarios.  

let me guess you have that prediction because you are a BvS hater right ?:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, NickFury90 said:

at this point $850m might be out of range for BvS lol

http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/idiotic.gif

The Boss is lucky that there are only 2 new wide releases next weekend and Hardcore Henry is going for a gigantic TC drop. I would not be surprised if it loses 900+ theaters on April 29.

Edited by WrathOfHan