CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

grr my phone on mobile with this site does strange things...

And Lion King - eh not really interested but who knows, would rather go with ones already mentioned like Mulan / Aladdin etc. I would also be down for a live action Rescuers (and the books would give a good framework for a franchise) but I would love to see Disney branch out into make "new" tentpoles out of other materials than their older films.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Jungle Book was......... ok. Better than Chef. Some amazing technical aspects and a pretty good score but the story and pacing weren't strong. Some fucking eyeroll worthy stuff towards the end. 6/10, 6.5 if I'm being generous.

Anyways, glad to see Disney has another gigantic hit on their hands even if I didn't really care for the movie.

I agree with this. The story is too simple for me tbh. But definitely the movie is gorgeous to look at.

It lacked some fun until Baloo came. Basically the entire movie went up higher the moment Baloo came. The ending action was pretty compelling and great tho.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Jungle Book was......... ok. Better than Chef. Some amazing technical aspects and a pretty good score but the story and pacing weren't strong. Some fucking eyeroll worthy stuff towards the end. 6/10, 6.5 if I'm being generous.

Anyways, glad to see Disney has another gigantic hit on their hands even if I didn't really care for the movie.

Mostly agreed. It justified its existence better than Cinderella but some really dubious filmmaking choices kept me from fully loving it.

Of the LA Disney fantasies post-Alice I think Oz is actually the one I've enjoyed the most

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh yeah??? Gonna go talk about this on imdb?

Hunh?

12 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

I agree with this. The story is too simple for me tbh. But definitely the movie is gorgeous to look at.

Hide contents

It lacked some fun until Baloo came. Basically the entire movie went up higher the moment Baloo came. The ending action was pretty compelling and great tho.

I'm the opposite; once Baloo showed up I thought it went downhill

8 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

Oh yeah??? Gonna go talk about this on imdb?

Hunh?

:apocalypse: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Goddamn, the boards have crashed twice in the past half hour.

Jungle Book fans destroying the server like BvS fans did

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm sure we can all agree on how cute those wolf pups were, though

Plus, Lupita Nyong'o needs to get a lot more animation work

Does she? Or does she need more work in general?

• Like 1

what has happened to our servers to cause such problems? The site has been slow and glitchy on and off now for over a month. (not complaining just making an observation)

speaking of Disney - I watched Planes with my 3 year old tonight.... washing the taste of that away with Young Frankenstein....

*while waiting for more numbers and working on never ending homework* (side note, I thought homework was bad in my undergrad... this graduate stuff is stupid silly at times)

Re. the people who were saying Beauty and the Beast will pull Cinderella #s…BATB is much more cinematic. A gothic castle, gargoyles, enchanted objects, wolves in the woods, a beast, a murderous villain. It will feel like much more of an event than Cinderella, something to see in 3D.

• Like 2

The problem with The Lion King is that you'd end up with something similar to Dinosaur which was CG with live action background and I don't think the story lends itself to live action apart from the stage musical which they completely reinvented the film. Bambi is the same situation.

Aladdin must be a shoo in at this point.