CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

The thing that's so well done with Criminal is that it has a powerhouse performance from Costner and all his supporting players are really good as well, especially Gadot.  But what really sets this apart from so many others is that it has a very tight script and it's superbly written.  I will definitely see it again, just to watch Costner cut loose.

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Jennifer Aniston and Kate Hudson are jokes. Julia Roberts can be good in the right role but she's no great talent. They can't do any better than Gary Marshall in 2016. 

Hudson seems to be making a comeback of sorts as this is one of a few movies she has out this year after a couple of quiet ones (she was one of the voices in Kung Fu Panda 3 and is also in Deepwater Horizon). I think she's genuinely talented but she did burn up all of her early goodwill by doing so much shit over the course of a decade.

7 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

For those who have seen Jon Favreau's TJB.....wonder what the sequel will be about?

Maybe Bagheera & Baloo brings Mowgli to the man-village in the next one. That would be interesting, wouldn't it?

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but Kipling actually wrote a second book. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I just got back from Zootopia and it made me forget about The Jungle Book already.

Zootopia was such fun, loved the lead character. Some hilarious jokes too. 

After seeing both in one day, Zootopia was, IMO, a far superior film that deserves its success. 

Oh, that's great! How long did you wait in between screenings?

I myself might see Jungle Book in about two weeks.

2 hours ago, angeldelmito said:

I mean, the farthest we've gone to with the guys was Evans in the whipped cream gif, and that was in a spoiler tag. That other dude posted the booty all out and everywhere. :rofl:

C'mon I didn't go that far lol! It was just a blown up image of Natalie Portman from Your Highness. 

I wish it was all out and everywhere though (she had a thong on).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It boggles the mind so many talented people would put their trust in Garry Marshall circa 2016. My god. Why do this to yourself even as a favor, Julia (that wig lol still)?

53 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Hey, at least it gets their names in the press.

53 minutes ago, Chewy said:

She was in one of the other two for like 3 minutes and got 20 million for it

Pretty much. Julia's storyline in Valentine's Day was actually one of the least corny/most effective ones, when so many were just half-assed and ridiculous, even by rom-com standards.  So right about the wig, though, it belongs in the Hall of Shame with Halle Berry's from that movie where she was the 911 operator trying to save Little Miss Sunshine.

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Pretty much. Julia's storyline in Valentine's Day was actually one of the least corny/most effective ones, when so many were just half-assed and ridiculous, even by rom-com standards.  So right about the wig, though, it belongs in the Hall of Shame with Halle Berry's from that movie where she was the 911 operator trying to save Little Miss Sunshine.

/dead at that description.

I remember reading one review likening her wig in that movie to Sideshow Bob. :lol: That was actually an entertaining little movie though, at least until its dunderheaded ending.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

While A Bug's Life made more money Antz was still a moderate success. 

I'm not even sure Antz broke even. It certainly wasn't as successful as ABL, even though it had the smaller budget of the two. 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

1 hour ago, John Doe said:

The original cut of BvS was 4 hours long, imagine that? 

fu7amc6q1palujr1doem.gif

Seriously though if WB knew it was 4 hours, it should have been multiple movies. That's just too much character work to cut down to 2 hours and a half. That gives a lot of legitimacy to the claims that WB knew they had a disaster on their hands and maybe they moved this out of the Summer because they saw this coming after the opening weekend.

I don't get why they couldn't wait one more year for the JL movie. It would have made a lot more money and probably would have been way better received. Instead they slammed it all together and hoped for the best.

Edited by somebody85

1 hour ago, John Doe said:

The original cut of BvS was 4 hours long, imagine that? 

fu7amc6q1palujr1doem.gif

Well a lot of films have an initial rough cut way over the final theatrical length. It's basically everything stitched together before any substantial editing is done.

• Like 1