CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Solid the only real competition for this is Civil War really.

Till then or after it has an open run. 

Yeah...this one will have long legs. Good WOM + Nostalgia is a killer combo.

• Like 1

I think we can all agree that, even if it doesn't hit 100M, it's already a huge win for Disney for it to open this big. And w/the strong WOM, 300M can be quite in talks here. Disney will have had two 300M makers before Summer season, and this is before Civil War and Finding Dory annihilate Summer, while Rogue One and Moana take the holidays. Nevermind the other potential breakouts in BFG, Doctor Strange, Alice 2 and even Pete's Dragon.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

I've read reviews here in Sweden saying that it's pretty dark and scary. I wonder how that will affect its legs.

Jungle Book ?

I was actually surprised, the fights are intense and there s a brutal

Spoiler

murder

but I don't know, I think most kids can handle the movie, depends on the age, some little kids could be afraid in a scene or two I guess.

ZOOTP and BVS dom neck and neck imo.

7.7m will give ZOOTP 307m. TJB is very strong competition and will continue to be so. Disney also has a family friendly (as MCU movies are) CW coming up. WOM has been amazing for ZOOTP though. 20m more for 327m. I see a very long run on the low end with some small expansion not ruled out, to make up for the losses in competition against CW and TJB.

8.7m will give BVS 311m. 16m more for 327m.

TJB could join the race with a 100m ow and 3.2-3.3x.

Edited by a2knet

3 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

Deadline is reporting about the thorough A scores for JB from all audience, and film goers being four quandrant audience.

Damn I didn't really think it would be a massively appealing movie!

Word of mouth will be amazing.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Also, BvS had no competition its second and third week end.

With a traditionnal summer release, it could have have done sub 300m.

You post on a box office forum and you really believe that? Summer weekdays boo. They're a thing.

Edited by Chaz

5 minutes ago, Chaz said:

These things go in cycles. WB will have a good year soon. Disney has also had several lean years.

Yeah, Potter (dom consistency & amazing OS) + Nolan (Bat trio & Inception) were terrific years for WB.

• Like 1