Blankments

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms | Nov 2 2018 | Lasse Hallstrom

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think it won't even approach numbers that are minimum for fudge. Who is this made for anyway? At least AWIT had some fanbase thanks to the book.

People who love the Nutcracker and think this is a musical.

• Like 1

I hope this doesn’t bomb so we can get a movie adaption of the Peer Gynt Suite.

Plus the story behind it is like a Norwegian blend between the Witcher and the Lord of the Rings.

So much classic music they could use

Edited by The Incredible Panda
  • Like 1

This could attract some BatB and HP fans but they need to explain what the story is about. The poster is defo a mix of those 2 movies with a very nice Russian flavor. I wish Russian architecture is more used in fantasy as it's absolutely magical.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

This could attract some BatB and HP fans but they need to explain what the story is about. The poster is defo a mix of those 2 movies with a very nice Russian flavor. I wish Russian architecture is more used in fantasy as it's absolutely magical.

This is not attracting shit.....The poster looks like pretty much all Disney live action  fairy tale movie poster, even down to the same font..lol I would like to think the GA won't fall for this trash..

38 minutes ago, Hades said:

This is not attracting shit.....The poster looks like pretty much all Disney live action  fairy tale movie poster, even down to the same font..lol I would like to think the GA won't fall for this trash..

Says the guy’s whose username is the same name as the Disney-Villain from ”Hercules”.

Anti-Disney entirely much? Or just brands that belong to Disney?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

3 hours ago, lilmac said:

Had no idea Nutcracker was an actual fully fleshed out story. Haha

I have seen the ballet on several occasions, and the story seemed pretty full fleshed out to me.....

but anyway, this is not the classic fairy tale, but what looks like a messed up  expansion of it.

Edited by dudalb

34 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Says the guy’s whose username is the same name as the Disney-Villain from ”Hercules”.

Anti-Pointless movies actually....

1 hour ago, Hades said:

My advice would be wait two weeks and then go see the live production of the ballet by the nearest professional ballet company....chances are heavy it will be a lot better.

44 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Uh, Hades was the GOd of the Underworld in Greek Mythology....and was very well known in literature before the Disney movie.

To assume he got the name from the Disney movie is one hell of a big assumption.

And I am not Anti Disney but I think this movie looks like a bomb waiting to happen.

And "Nutcracker" is a Disney Brand????? I would say the Tchaivkovsky ballet is a lot better known then this movie...and the ballet will still be popular when this film has come and gone.

14 minutes ago, Hades said:

I agree with the guy earlier in the thread who said Disney should have made an animated film out of this.

Follow the formual Disney used for "Sleeping Beauty"....film the original story using the music from the Tchaikovsky ballet as the Soundtrack. Worked great then, properly done would work fine now, instead of the messed up version we are going to get.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I have seen the ballet on several occasions, and the story seemed pretty full fleshed out to me.....

but anyway, this is not the classic fairy tale, but what looks like a messed up  expansion of it.

I should get around to viewing the ballet one day. 

8 hours ago, Hades said:

Pointless like in: You’re gonna hate it anyway regardless of what the quality will be because it’s Disney? Admit it, you have something against when Disney even when are doing the well-received blockbuster movies.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

Uh, Hades was the GOd of the Underworld in Greek Mythology....and was very well known in literature before the Disney movie.

To assume he got the name from the Disney movie is one hell of a big assumption.

And I am not Anti Disney but I think this movie looks like a bomb waiting to happen.

And "Nutcracker" is a Disney Brand????? I would say the Tchaivkovsky ballet is a lot better known then this movie...and the ballet will still be popular when this film has come and gone.

And like a suck-bomb waiting for you to hate it....even if you know it already? Not only a bomb but a piece of crap-bomb as well. (coughs, Alice 2. Coughs.)

Pretty unfair that some users here aren’t supporting this film..... like Pacific Rim 2, this year..but a different genre. 🙄

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34