Blankments

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms | Nov 2 2018 | Lasse Hallstrom

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It'll probably post numbers similar to Into the Woods. Mary Poppins Returns is gonna be the Disney juggernaut of the holidays for sure.

I imagine if the budget is similar to Pete's Dragon then it can be successful without being huge

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

A month of reshoots with a new director? 

Yeeeesh Disney :lol:

Anyway: 

Alice in Wonderland 3: We Know Everyone Hated the Last One

Not as bad as the Justice League reshoots, hardly will be a worse movie too, at least is really beautiful.

On 19/12/2017 at 4:45 PM, Morieris said:

The more I think about this and watch this trailer, the more I think it'll be slightly above a flop.

I want to see what breaks out more; This or Wrinkle. 

Wrinkle for sure. That only has to deal with Isle of Dogs (it'll probably be great, but not a box office smash) and Sherlock Gnomes (both on the 23rd).

Nutcracker has to deal with Grinch (Nov 9) and WiR 2 (Nov 21), with Spider-Man (Dec 14) and Mary Poppins (Dec 25) being the nails in the coffin.

• Like 2

Honestly, this movie is such a bullshit move from Disney. Everyone generally knows about The Nutcracker, but the story itself is not THAT well known (not saying it's unpopular) compared to other fairytales since it doesn't have a particularly good or popular film adaptation (excluding Fantasia). WDAS should've handled this thing, they've proved themselves to be quite good at adapting popular children stories, unlike the creative minds of Maleficent, Oz, Alice and other mediocre live-action fairytales (honestly baffled that Disney is letting a studio to be so careless when it comes to handling of such popular properties). Also, in an animated movie, ballet can be much more naturally implemented, just like songs in a WDAS musical, whereas in live action one would need to find actors and actresses that are also ballet dancers in their free time (good luck with that), so the movie will probably have 2 or 3 minutes of actual dancing, even though The Nutcracker is popular only because of the ballet. To top it all, this shit will be some "dark" retelling akin to Maleficent and Alice, which is idiotic since, again, The Nutcracker has to get a proper interpretation before it can be reimagined and told from a different POV. I can bet they'll make the Sugar Plum Fairy evil or some shit like that. Anyway, this thing will probably be of questionable quality and is likely to underperform due to the strong competition, something that could've been easily avoided. Who knows, maybe the reshoots will help it and it ends up being a hit, but I seriously doubt it...

• Like 2