Blankments

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms | Nov 2 2018 | Lasse Hallstrom

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:17 PM, DAJK said:

How much of this thing did Johnson do? Both of these guys are competent directors, but, similar to someone like Leterrier, I've never found either one of them to have any sort of distinctive 'flair' to their movies. Hopefully this type of fantasy show will give each/both of them an opportunity to showcase some originality. 

It is a studio film though, but that didn't stop Burton from putting his touches on Alice, or Raimi on Oz. 

problem is Johnson and Lasse's styles are so different they might be incompatible, with one huge mess emerging.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:13 AM, Kalderic said:

The only positive thing I see coming from this movie is another chance at a James Newton Howard fantasy score, which is where he excels.

I like James Newton Howard, but looks as if a lot of the score is going to be taken from the Tchaikovsky ballet, and that is one hell of an act to be lumped in with.

It's like Howard Shore on his Scorsese films; he does a good job, but it always overpowered by the source music that Scorsese loves to use.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hades said:

Seriously can't wait for the trailer, mainly for Keira Knightley funny voice...😄

And to confirm my sub 70 million prediction.

Its almost beyond belief that anybody in 2018 thought that funny voice was a good idea. Ever the kids will laugh at it,big time,and not in a good way either.

I haven't seen the second trailer, don't know if they'll put it in our cinemas with AMTW, but after seeing the first one, I can say the movie doesn't look Christmas-y at all. I think Hollywood actually forgot how to make a beautiful (by that I mean pretty-looking) Christmas movie. I think Grinch will actually deliver there since it looks stunning in a traditional way, even though it doesn't look funny or interesting. I mean, when you look at, I don't know, Home Alone 1 and 2, you can actually see how a Christmas movie should look like, with all the bright colors, snow, Christmas trees etc. I think that's why those two movies are so popular even now, they're funny, but they also bring you the spirit of the holidays with their look. You can't see that in this movie, it just looks like discount Alice, even though Alice was ugly-looking itself. Such a pity, the story of the Nutcracker hasn't yet been adapted properly, and they spent their time and money doing this. 

Edited by Titan Man

13 hours ago, Hades said:

Seriously can't wait for the trailer, mainly for Keira Knightley funny voice...😄

And to confirm my sub 70 million prediction.

She sounds like Jennifer Tilly in this lmfao. I know that she's supposed to be playing a fairy queen and all, but the filmmakers should've said "too much, Keira" after first hearing that voice.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

She sounds like Jennifer Tilly in this lmfao. I know that she's supposed to be playing a fairy queen and all, but the filmmakers should've said "too much, Keira" after first hearing that voice.

I find  Jennifer Tilly's voice oddly sexy....but Keira doing it in this kind of movie....:sparta:

Disney can post-production that voice...Its not too late.

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Smh damn, I’ve already gotten this trailer in theaters TWICE. What took Disney so long to upload it?

It's not even the theater-only trailer. It's a brand-spanking new one. Doesn't even have Hall of the Mountain King smh

• Sad 1