WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 13): Jungle Book 42.4M | Keanu and Huntsman 9.4M | Mother's Day 8.3M | Barbershop 6.1M | Ratchet 4.8M | CIVIL WAR OS OW 200.2M!!!! (Page 14)

they have a pretty big internet fanbase, which ofc never really translates to anything. even their show, every yt video has millions of hits but for the show itself the ratings were never especially good even for comedy central standards.

• Like 1

So Key and Peele are billed as the most successful sketch artists of all time and they had one TV show?

Yep, no wonder I've never heard of them.

Well, it did break records in my country. CA: TWS finished with 7.05 M here.

Among the most significant contributors were Korea with $28.9 million, Mexico with $20.6 million, the United Kingdom with $20.5 million, Brazil with $12.3 million, and Australia with $10.9 million. The Brazil and Mexico openings set a new industry high, as did the film’s $7.5 million kick-off in the Philippines.

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/box-office-captain-america-civil-war-1201764170/

• Like 5

tbf they're sort of at the same level amy schumer was at before trainwreck. she only had a comedy central sketch show before that too i think. one that was even less popular than k&p but she did have those apatow powers behind her.

Has there ever been an occasion where one studio had three $300mil films in the top ten during the same weekend? If not, Disney could achieve that with Civil War, JB and Zootopia. Zootopia will have to cling onto top 10 for 3 more weeks or so... 

Edited by mrqe93

9 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Exchange rate to kronor is pretty favorable right now

Just a few years ago it was the opposite. A lot of people here in Sweden (including me and my family) vacationed in the U.S around 2009/2010 because of how low the U.S dollar was.

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

Hard to tell exactly where it will finish at this point, but it's clear that it's behaving like an Avengers movie now. No one can deny that.

It has always been expected to behave like an AVENGERS movie.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

The movie is performing exactly as it supposed to be. Amazing numbers, but not out of this world explosion numbers.

People are treating this like Avengers "2.5" or "part 3". It is supposed to go down, as this number suggests, at least on the estimates.

I just checked BOM. Avengers opened at 185.1 million overseas, Ultron at 201.2 million. So this one has a chance to increase on the actuals. But the thing is comparing all three, we need to know the exact markets to make a fare comparison.

By this, this one is heading to $160-$190 million in the US.

But it is performing like an Avengers "2.5" or "part 3" movie abroad more than a Cap sequel.

AOU sans China decreased from TA mainly because the exchange rates in a lot of market decreased tremendously since 2012.

This one is more or less on par with AOU and with a potential great chinese release could match AOU admissions abroad taking into account the lower exchange rates.

Of course even if it was another titular Avengers movie, it wouldn't be able to increase that much a year post another Avengers movie.

The foreign market is still expanding but not that rapidely and not enough to compensate the dropping in exchange rates.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It has always been expected to behave like an AVENGERS movie.

Hehe, that would be quite long to do, but I could find hundreds of quotes all around these forums that this is, in fact, definitely not true.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

This was Ultron's first weekend internationally

Belgium 22 April 2015  
Switzerland 22 April 2015 (French speaking region)
Switzerland 22 April 2015 (Italian speaking region)
Finland 22 April 2015  
France 22 April 2015  
Indonesia 22 April 2015  
Italy 22 April 2015  
Netherlands 22 April 2015  
Norway 22 April 2015  
Philippines 22 April 2015  
Sweden 22 April 2015  
Taiwan 22 April 2015  
Albania 23 April 2015  
Argentina 23 April 2015  
Austria 23 April 2015  
Australia 23 April 2015  
Azerbaijan 23 April 2015  
Brazil 23 April 2015  
Belarus 23 April 2015  
Switzerland 23 April 2015 (German speaking region)
Germany 23 April 2015  
Denmark 23 April 2015  
UK 23 April 2015  
Georgia 23 April 2015  
Hong Kong 23 April 2015  
Ireland 23 April 2015  
Israel 23 April 2015  
Iceland 23 April 2015  
South Korea 23 April 2015  
Kazakhstan 23 April 2015  
New Zealand 23 April 2015  
Romania 23 April 2015  
Russia 23 April 2015  
Singapore 23 April 2015  
Ukraine 23 April 2015  
Bulgaria 24 April 2015  
India 24 April 2015  
Vietnam 24 April 2015  
South Africa 24 April 2015

I went to BOM and copied all dates in an EXCEL spreadsheet, remove all dates that were not 4/22, 4/23, and 4/24 and I counted

32 regions - $176,559,950

Perhaps I am mistaken, but this is what I got.

ASIA-PACIFIC

South Korea

the film’s top overseas market

#3 industry opening weekend of all time with $28.9 million

Australia

$10.9 million debut

the third biggest opening weekend for a Disney release

Taiwan

brought in $8.1 million

Philippines

recorded its biggest opening weekend of all time with $7.5 million

Japan

the only overseas market where Civil War didn’t claim the top spot

was nevertheless able to finish its opening frame there with a $7.1 million haul

Hong Kong

$6.8M

Thailand

$6M

Malaysia

$5.1M

• Like 6

1 minute ago, DAR said:

K&P do seem to be showing up separately in a lot of supporting roles in various tv shows.

Key has been showing up in supporting roles in a ton of movies the past few years.