CaptainJackSparrow

Slender Man | Sony/Screen Gems | Aug 10, 2018 | First Trailer on Page 2

2 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I notice the official Facebook and Twitter pages haven't posted since the beginning of the year.

That's just fucking amazing. I looked it up and coincidentally their tagline is "He gets in your head like a virus." which immediately reminded me of The Bye Bye Man lol

Edited by Lucas

This one is still likely to be the #1 sleeper of the Summer IMO.

*after reading through this thread, maybe it won't reach those heights.  around 25m OW, 75 total.  Don't Breath and Lights Out did well, from a surface perspective Slender Man sounds like a Conjuring spinoff coming out a few weeks before The Nun.  Polaroid was on the August schedule last year and could have been a chiller like Lights Out, or underwhelmed like Mirrors.

*since Slender Man is going against The Meg, well I hope this does not screw both of these movies.

Edited by matrixdmath5

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3510892/sony-feeding-slender-man-sharks/

“Following this post, we’ve been told by insiders that the move is more correlated to catching teenagers while they’re still on summer break. The film is tracking extremely well, our source tells us, adding that Sony’s target audience differs immensely from The Meg, which is allegedly targeting older males (they’re both rated “PG-13”). The international release will still be on August 24th.”

53 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

“Following this post, we’ve been told by insiders that the move is more correlated to catching teenagers while they’re still on summer break. The film is tracking extremely well, our source tells us, adding that Sony’s target audience differs immensely from The Meg, which is allegedly targeting older males (they’re both rated “PG-13”). The international release will still be on August 24th.”

Hah, public schools go back three days after this comes out in my county.

Also, I don't think The Meg is targeting older males specifically. The under 25 split is probably going to be around a third of the audience.

Edited by WrathOfHan

They really need to go apeshit with the tv spots and digital ads within the next three weeks then. 

Maybe it’ll save face and open over $10m but I’m struggling to see how. 

This is all because the producers want this to be an event like Conjuring or Annabelle but Sony are thinking “you for real?” Lol

12 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Tracking well? How can this be tracking well if 1) people don’t know it’s even coming out and 2) people don’t even know when it’s coming out. 

Id like to have whatever that source is having. 

This movie is being dumped by Sony.