CaptainJackSparrow

Slender Man | Sony/Screen Gems | Aug 10, 2018 | First Trailer on Page 2

16 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I read an article that said 13-17 year olds attend R rated horror flicks more than any other genre and the R rating isn’t stopping them.

But it may be stopping some of them.

But if not, I guess that's alright.

There's no way this comes close to being as frightening as HBOs "Beware The Slenderman" documentary from the end of 2016. That ended up being one of my favorite films of the year and I knew that no fictionalized version of this creepypasta could come close to the real life horror of that case and it's aftermath.

• Like 2

This is going to be swamped by its competition. This probably would have been better off as a Winter or early Fall release.

But yeah, this trailer felt messy. I get the lore behind Slender Man, however this trailer just seemed to be a hodgepodge of images that don't make sense when stitched together. I understand at least some of it, though. To the general audience, however, I don't think will understand even that little hint of what's supposed to be happening.

On 02/01/2018 at 3:22 PM, NoobSaibot said:

Hollywood is far behind on everything.

However, I'm not even expecting a good movie from this. Screen Gems is distributing, and they're responsible for such masterpieces as Resident EvilThe Mothman Prophecies, and Deliver Us from Evil.

True, we haven't seen the trailer, but expect a LOT of pretty camera angles, blurred imagery, and lens flare with the trailer when it doesn't belong. The poster foreshadows these aspects quite well.

My guess is you have never seen Mothman Prophecies.  If you had, you'd never say a bad word about it.  It's frikkin fantastic.

Feels like they took a generic hogdepodge horror movie and slapped the brand on it then made the trailer as confusing as possible. I don't think I've ever seen a trailer begin and end twice but this somehow managed to do it.

24 minutes ago, baumer said:

My guess is you have never seen Mothman Prophecies.  If you had, you'd never say a bad word about it.  It's frikkin fantastic.

I have and I also read the book, which the film has very little in common with. Even in the beginning of the 21st century, Sony's studios couldn't adapt material for shit.

3 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

I have and I also read the book, which the film has very little in common with. Even in the beginning of the 21st century, Sony's studios couldn't adapt material for shit.

They said they deliberately had to tone down what the plot of the book was all about because it would be too surreal for an audience.  

Sorry, Mothman is one of my favourite films.  I get touchy when people say bad things about it.

• Like 1