CaptainJackSparrow

Slender Man | Sony/Screen Gems | Aug 10, 2018 | First Trailer on Page 2

I wonder, when this place will finally learn, that it's the same story ever and ever again with horror movies. 
They always go for a very late marketing push and the horror crowds are just a special folk, you won't meet in groups in this forum.

I remember when Annabelle 2 was destined to bomb last year...remember how this one turned out.

Slender Man created big trailer views and on top of that, it's the first PG-13 Horror in like forever. 

This should be huge with teens and the mystery surrounding the creature is a big marketing all by itself.

This should have no problem to score an opening in the Lights Out/Happy Death Day regions and I wouldn't be surprised, if this went even bigger. 

The trailers were horrible, especially the first one. This movie looks really bad. 

A movie on Slenderman should have come out a few years ago when it was still relevant and the hype was there. I think it has died off by now

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I wonder, when this place will finally learn, that it's the same story ever and ever again with horror movies. 
They always go for a very late marketing push and the horror crowds are just a special folk, you won't meet in groups in this forum.

I remember when Annabelle 2 was destined to bomb last year...remember how this one turned out.

Slender Man created big trailer views and on top of that, it's the first PG-13 Horror in like forever. 

This should be huge with teens and the mystery surrounding the creature is a big marketing all by itself.

This should have no problem to score an opening in the Lights Out/Happy Death Day regions and I wouldn't be surprised, if this went even bigger. 

You could be right but it doesn’t sound good when the main trailer comes out 3 weeks before the movie does, also opening up against another genre movie. It’s seems the marketing is none existent. 

It still could do well though, I’m just not expecting much except for CJohn to shit himself in pure terror while watching it.

will probably need to see this one before Friday and keep an eye on last minute preview sales to see where Slender Man can go beyond opening day.

hell, even if it gets a D cinemascore, it could still increase +35% its first Saturday from the WOM ignorers.

Edited by dmatrixfilmdx

IMDB shows a Slender Man nomination for the Golden Trailer Awards under Best Horror Poster.

promotion seems to be swaying in the direction of getting this movie out even if Slender Man was/is a dud/broken-down picture and ineffective > C cinemascore.

Edited by dmatrixfilmdx