CaptainJackSparrow

Slender Man | Sony/Screen Gems | Aug 10, 2018 | First Trailer on Page 2

As someone who loves to read/listen to Creepypastas, this has me mildly excited and very concerned at the same time. Excited to see the character brought to the big screen, dreadful of the idea that it will be potential Bye Bye Man levels of awfulness.

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Isn’t the popularity of Slender Man long gone? This feels waaaay to late and with Sony behind it we will probably get another The Bye Bye Man.

Hollywood is far behind on everything.

However, I'm not even expecting a good movie from this. Screen Gems is distributing, and they're responsible for such masterpieces as Resident EvilThe Mothman Prophecies, and Deliver Us from Evil.

True, we haven't seen the trailer, but expect a LOT of pretty camera angles, blurred imagery, and lens flare with the trailer when it doesn't belong. The poster foreshadows these aspects quite well.

Edited by NoobSaibot

10 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

Hollywood is far behind on everything.

However, I'm not even expecting a good movie from this. Screen Gems is distributing, and they're responsible for such masterpieces as Resident EvilThe Mothman Prophecies, and Deliver Us from Evil.

True, we haven't seen the trailer, but expect a LOT of pretty camera angles, blurred imagery, and lens flare with the trailer when it doesn't belong. The poster foreshadows these aspects quite well.

But Resident Evil is great fun, specially the first!

Anyways, someone mentioned this movie is listed as an action movie in BOM but I really can't see Slenderman as an action movie. I'm curious about the trailer.

1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

Hopefully they'll go R rated with it, that way they'll have a bigger box office.

Kids who like creepypastas (and don't underestimate that demographic) would have to sneak in at that point. More people would be able to see the film if it were PG-13 like The Ring, the first Insidious, and The Grudge were. That's my take.

12 minutes ago, slambros said:

Kids who like creepypastas (and don't underestimate that demographic) would have to sneak in at that point. More people would be able to see the film if it were PG-13 like The Ring, the first Insidious, and The Grudge were. That's my take.

I read an article that said 13-17 year olds attend R rated horror flicks more than any other genre and the R rating isn’t stopping them.

• Like 1