CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

2 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I'm just now starting to realize how desperately nerdy all this box office stuff is. 

It's too much of a bubble. Causes ppl to lose perspective. 

• Like 1

And not even the cool kind of nerdiness. I'm talking that classic, original nerd shit where you just sit around obsessing over stuff that doesn't even matter. 

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yup, bad rain here as well in OC. Off to the airport to catch a flight currently. Hopefully the flights are not delayed.

I know two of my friends who were planning on going to see CW tonight, will now try and see what Saturday is like instead.

But I think it'll still be raining here on Saturday too.

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If the Winter Soldier car chase is "cute" then what do you call most other, modern action scenes?

i'm glad you asked let's get into it. click here to see my 50 categories and names for the quality of modern action sequences.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Wake me up when the Raid movies have good acting, good writing and good drama in them.

:)

The Raid is exactly the kind of movie that internet man children fawn over. Kind of like those who love Fight Club for shallow reasons. 

Theater was mostly empty while getting concessions and stuff...so I was in no hurry seeing as how we were 40 minutes early. Went into take seat with 30 minutes left. Place is nearly filled. Deceiving.

• Like 1

Just now, Rallax said:

I mean, that car chase in Raid 2 is unfairly amazing.  For reals.

I am not sure it could have been shot with American's stuntmen in its Raid 2 form at least.

That scene was really borderline for a lot of people ... way too dangerous.

1 minute ago, tonytr87 said:

The Raid is exactly the kind of movie that internet man children fawn over. Kind of like those who love Fight Club for shallow reasons. 

Actually it's better to enjoy Fight Club for "shallow reasons". I've seen dudes who look at that silly movie like it's their Bible and it's very creepy.