CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

2 minutes ago, Ohana said:

BTW guyz:

If BvS had 81.5M on Friday (with its 27.7M on previews) yet ended up with 166M OW, 

how CW is tracking on 180M OW?

That's relying on the good WoM and the great reviews or some other factor?

BvS had a bad drop from Friday to Saturday. Then it had another bad drop from Saturday to Sunday.

Many believe this was due to BvS having horrible WOM. A lot of people decided not to see it after the word got out from early screenings on Thursday and Friday. Already you can see the comparisons being put to the test with Flixster at 91% for CW while BvS was much lower. We'll see where the Cinemascore ends up later on tonight.

Marvel usually has strong Saturdays and many think the reviews and WOM will carry it to drop lightly through the weekend. We'll see though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't trust the woman behind me to stay quiet :kitschjob:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She doesn't trust you to keep your phone screen off.:P

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I hate it when a group of teenagers sit behind me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ohana said:

BTW guyz:

If BvS had 81.5M on Friday (with its 27.7M on previews) yet ended up with 166M OW, 

On its opening day, it earned $81.59 million
It fell 37.8% on Saturday, which is the second worst superhero opening Friday-to-Saturday drop, only behind the 40% drop of The Dark Knight Rises
Conversely, the film holds the record for the worst superhero Friday-to-Sunday drop with a 58% decline, eclipsing the previous 48% decline record held by Fantastic Four in 201

If Civil War drops like that, then yes an opening around 166 below is possible but it's really unlikely given what's been shown so far.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I was worried about the guy behind me last night.  During the whole opening scene he would not shut up. Thank God after the Marvel logo he got quiet. You could tell he was an annoying guy. As everyone stayed for the credit scenes he was screaming out come on the movie's over why are you still here. The sad thing is he was like in his late 30's. 

• Like 1

um, how is this a disappointment?? it has a higher OW than any other singular Marvel movie ever (this can technically count as one since it has the captain America name).  it might even end up finishing higher than age of ultron.

6 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

On its opening day, it earned $81.59 million
It fell 37.8% on Saturday, which is the second worst superhero opening Friday-to-Saturday drop, only behind the 40% drop of The Dark Knight Rises
Conversely, the film holds the record for the worst superhero Friday-to-Sunday drop with a 58% decline, eclipsing the previous 48% decline record held by Fantastic Four in 201

If Civil War drops like that, then yes an opening around 166 below is possible but it's really unlikely given what's been shown so far.

Thanx for that info!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 75live said:

maybe this will finally lead to a crossover event with "another studio" to save both of them :P 

They will make sure to include Wonder Woman and Spider-Man heavily in the marketing, because we all know that they were the reason for BvS's and now CW's Thursday's numbers. ;)

2 minutes ago, BourneFan #1 said:

Turn off your damn phone!

Don't listen to him. If people are going to talk then you can use your phone. You're simply just speaking through your phone instead of using your voice. 

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

this is all terrible the comic book thing is over. gotta move on to adapting cereal mascots into movies now.

That'd be GGRRREEEAAAAATTTT!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ohana said:

BTW guyz:

BvS had one of the most front loaded fridays in history (for blockbusters anyway). and it's weekend was dampened by awful critic reviews and mixed WoM.

Civil has had fantastic buzz, excellent critic reviews and glowing WoM so far. and Marvel films are usually not that frontloaded.