CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

8 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Wow MD. 8% RT gonna bump big.

They should make Fat People's Day next.

It'll be Huge!:ca:

The concept could actually work, Can´t wait for 5theMayo and saint patrick's day movie to get wasted inside the theater.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rth said:

mother's day effect

CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48

CW's down 3.45m from Sunday estimates :o

If Fri and Sat hold then it's 178.34m

Yeah the quality of the bootleg to this that just came online is freaking really good. The audio is clear and louder then it was in theaters (a major problem I have when I go to see movies outside of IMAX at certain theaters).

It took Batman V Superman, I think last week to get a clear version online and there is still subtitles and a copyright logo in places during that.

Kind of stunned that this is out so quickly. Not sure if that's going to effect people who were going to rewatch it or not.

It's completely clear of all of that stuff here. It looks like a screener. Tumblr is going to be able to make a lot of gifs.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

IM3 actually held better over the weekend than CW did. The difference between the two OW wise will be of around 4m, despite the fact that CW's opening day was with 6.5m bigger than IM3's.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, James said:

IM3 actually held better over the weekend than CW did. The difference between the two OW wise will be of around 4m, despite the fact that CW's opening day was with 6.5m bigger than IM3's.

It's really f'ing sad im3 made as much as it did....Just got back from CW and it's 1000x better than that garbage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rth said:

mother's day effect

Not liking that CW number. 

But that MD number :huh: thats around 80% increase from estimates..

90% drop on monday?

• Like 1

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Hmm starting think legs will be near ultron and not much better 

With ultron legs gross is 430 now 

Well, OS gave us a clue about that. UK and Australia mirror the DOM market, Aus especially, and the holds there don't indicate great WOM. At this point beating IM3 WW is what it should be aiming at. It all depends on how it will hold when X-Men enters competition (unlike US, all OS territories except for China and Japan get the movie a week from now).  

22 minutes ago, James said:

Well, OS gave us a clue about that. UK and Australia mirror the DOM market, Aus especially, and the holds there don't indicate great WOM. At this point beating IM3 WW is what it should be aiming at. It all depends on how it will hold when X-Men enters competition (unlike US, all OS territories except for China and Japan get the movie a week from now).  

Our hold is affected by the weather, it's been absolutely glorious over the weekend, so Cinema's were pretty empty in general. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rth said:

mother's day effect

Wait.....is that a misprint for Mother's Day?  :o

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, James said:

Nah, like I said yesterday it has great Wom here but due to weather everything performed awfully. Cinemas were like a post nuclear wasteland

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Hmm starting think legs will be near ultron and not much better 

With ultron legs gross is 430 now 

Alls I know is people were getting mad a couple weeks ago when a couple of us said it would probably have worse legs than the first two Captain America movies

Something about RT scores, lol

It's the millionth Avenger movie in the last few years and it had a mega-opening, it's not going to sprout super legs

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Alls I know is people were getting mad a couple weeks ago when a couple of us said it would probably have worse legs than the first two Captain America movies

Something about RT scores, lol

It's the millionth Avenger movie in the last few years and it had a mega-opening, it's not going to sprout super legs

Yep, I know there's been many of us, you and Tele included, who said it would do about 2.5-2.6 for the multiplier.  Of course then there's Kal, who said because Avatar did 9.5X that this should have no problem getting a 3.2-3.7X. :)

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Yep, I know there's been many of us, you and Tele included, who said it would do about 2.5-2.6 for the multiplier.  Of course then there's Kal, who said because Avatar did 9.5X that this should have no problem getting a 3.2-3.7X. :)

Oh, Kal

People (non-Kal people) were comparing its legs to Guardians, like a completely unknown August release has a whole lot in common with the 6th movie starring Cap and Iron Man that opens the summer

• Like 6

I am really curious what kind of multiplier this will have.  I know it won't go as low as Ultron and it won't go as high as WS.  So is 2.5 reasonable?

• Like 1