The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

17 minutes ago, Baumer said:

And all of you guys who actually posted a list of the movies so that this clown could actually have his post validated, why would you guys do that? This is why we go to this site. It's because posters like @the panda take the time out of their lives to have incredible lists like this and put a lot of time and effort and energy into writing out these lists and again this clown comes in here and degrades it in one sentence and yet you guys posted a list for him. Why? If he doesn't like this thread then come back in a month when it's finished.

#Respect

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Are u for real? No one asked you to read the thread. Youre a bit of a troll. 

Hey, I'm just a noob. I honestly thought the chatter might not be welcome, and might distract from Panda's hard work. And trying to look through all the pages in the thread would be a bit of a chore. And I certainly didn't want a list when there were only ten films announced.

And it's not like I'm here for no reason. I voted in this thing.

I didn't mean it as disrespect for what Panda is doing. And I'm going to ignore all of your further responses to me just to avoid conflict.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Hey, I'm just a noob. I honestly thought the chatter might not be welcome, and might distract from Panda's hard work. And trying to look through all the pages in the thread would be a bit of a chore. And I certainly didn't want a list when there were only ten films announced.

And it's not like I'm here for no reason. I voted in this thing.

But let me know how I can make you even more angry, please.

43 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Lol, you can't even spell right.

And I wasn't dismissing an entire artform.

On 5/14/2016 at 7:16 PM, cannastop said:

Why did you decide to shit up this thread, anyways? This was supposed to be fun, and you had to pipe in with your ignorant bullshit.

Anyways, I view it as different mediums. If live-action is painting, then animation is sculpting. Neither is inherently superior.

On 5/14/2016 at 7:27 PM, cannastop said:

Honestly, Baumers opinion infuriates me, and given that he chose to express it in this thread of all places, I'm not sure if I even want to visit this board anymore.

Hey, there's this really great movie that came out recently that's all about tolerance and accepting the ideas that people are different. It's called Zootopia, and I think you would learn a lot from that movie.

• Like 6

Jesus fuck, CW ahead of DH2?? Lord! Wolf of Wall Street is quite perfect. Best Scorsese movie. As for the whole 2000 thing, my #2 was Fight Club (1999) and #10 was Home Alone (1990) so... Even though they were the only pre-2000 movies on my list. Other great movies are Titanic, Home Alone 2, Independence Day, The Addams Family 1 and 2. And that's about it I think. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, James said:

Jesus fuck, CW ahead of DH2?? Lord! Wolf of Wall Street is quite perfect. Best Scorsese movie. As for the whole 2000 thing, my #2 was Fight Club (1999) and #10 was Home Alone (1990) so... Even though they were the only pre-2000 movies on my list. Other great movies are Titanic, Home Alone 2, Independence Day, The Addams Family 1 and 2. And that's about it I think. 

When I was 8, Home Alone 3 was my favorite movie we had in the video collection.

How old are you, btw?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James said:

Watch GATTACA

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

When I was 8, Home Alone 3 was my favorite movie we had in the video collection.

How old are you, btw?

21. And HA1 and 2 are among my favorites since I was 9 or 10. The first 3 movies in the series are part of the Christmas tradition in Romania They aired every year for the past 10 years on the biggest TV channel here and every single time they record one of the if not the biggest ratings of the year for the channel. 

• Like 2

Number 86

Spider-Man 2 (2004)

29 Points (12 Votes, Avg Score 40.333)

latest?cb=20130416061825

"Whoa... He just stole that guy's pizza!"

Changes in Rankings Over Time: 2014 (61, -25), 2013 (55, -31), 2012 (Not Ranked)

Tomatometer: 93%

Box Office: 373.59m (516.16m Adjusted)

Most Notable Awards Recognition: Won 1 Oscar

IMDb Synopsis: Peter Parker is an unhappy man: after two years of fighting crime as Spider-Man, his life has begun to fall apart. The girl he loves is engaged to someone else, his grades are slipping, he cannot keep any of his jobs, and on top of it, the newspaper Daily Bugle is attacking him viciously, claiming that Spider-Man is a criminal. He reaches the breaking point and gives up the crime fighter's life, once and for all. But after a failed fusion experiment, eccentric and obsessive scientist Dr. Otto Octavius is transformed into super villain Doctor Octopus, Doc Ock for short, having four long tentacles as extra hands. Peter guesses it might just be time for Spider-Man to return, but would he act upon it?

Critic Opinion: "Better than the original on most every level.

So I’m a little late to the Spidey 2 party, what can I say? Life gets in the way, and being out of my teens and twenties, I’m over the “stand in line the night before the big blockbuster movie premieres” syndrome.

Ok, so I even did that in my thirties, but The Phantom Menace cured me of that forever. On to the review….

If I were one to give movies ratings, which I generally don’t, I’d have to give Spiderman 2 five stars out of a possible four. It was incredible, not just as a superhero movie, but against any action/adventure film." - Vic Holtreman

User Opinion: "If it isn't Spiderman 2 I'm gonna have some people's heads on sticks" - Ethan Hunt

Personal Comment: Here is the only Marvel film to make the list not to be apart of the MCU, it is also the second of the 2000s decade to make the list, moving it up a notch in this random decade contest tally I did to keep my sanity while scoring theses 1000s of movies.  Anyways, this is often regarded as one of the best superhero movies to be made, and for good reason, it takes everything Spider-Man did right and takes it up a notch.  Spider-Man 2 is a prime example of a blockbuster sequel done right.

• Like 14