The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

I had Taxi Driver as well, though it might have been in my 51-100 range. Like Civil War. 

I know folks are just having fun, but I actually do think Civil War deserves a spot on this list. I fact, I think it was the only MCU movie I put on my list. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Never listened to movie commentaries, I should try that sometimes :)

It's the deciding factor in whether or not I buy the DVD/BR.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

The one I'm worried about is TAXI DRIVER. Can't remember seeing it on any lists. It would be a major cock-up on our part if it didn't make the cut.

I was going to try to see that and/or pulp fiction 12 hours before the deadline but it was quite late here in India and I was feeling sleepy and it felt to me like I would be watching them both, probably really really great films, more just for the sake of this list than for the simple actual pleasure of watching films for entertainment if I were to watch them this way, and that that would have been wrong.

Edited by Infernus

5 hours ago, misafeco said:

Decent list so far.

And? If the members here like these films, why not?

Seriously. Something I really hate about list aggregates like this is everyone who takes it as a personal affront that people dared to love a film they didn't. There are many films generally considered "great" that I don't care for but I'm not going to attack people because of it.

It's not something I have to deal with very often with the most anticipated thread, fortunately

• Like 6

I admire Taxi Driver more than I enjoy it. Among the De Niro/Scorsese movies centered on awkward/antisocial lead characters, it's The King of Comedy that really hits the spot for me. But I'm not expecting that to show up here.

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

It wasn't on my ballot. :ph34r: 

55 minutes ago, DAR said:

I've never actually watched all of Taxi Driver.

45 minutes ago, Infernus said:

I was going to try to see that and/or pulp fiction 12 hours before the deadline but it was quite late here in India and I was feeling sleepy and it felt to me like I would be watching them both, probably really really great films, more just for the sake of this list than for the simple actual pleasure of watching films for entertainment if I were to watch them this way, and that that would have been wrong.

31 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Taxi Driver is too American for my taste. Good movie though but i don't find it special.

You disloyal, fool-ass, bitch-made punks!

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Infernus said:

You'd completely forget about your sleepiness five minutes into Pulp Fiction. 

• Like 2

Those who are mad at which movies made it or not:

People on here tell us to vote with our hearts, based on our opinion, our own personal enjoyment of the movies, and then...

We are told our choices suck. :sadben:

1492rt.jpg

:ph34r:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, The Stingray said:

The one I'm worried about is TAXI DRIVER. Can't remember seeing it on any lists. It would be a major cock-up on our part if it didn't make the cut.

I pm'ed my list and I included it on mine. 

Well films like Avengers and Interstellar are going to make the list. CW is better than them atleast. I'd say its easily one of the best Superhero films ever, and since they have been quite 'the thing' for the last many years it is not that difficult to comprehend how it made the list even if its true that its not close to being among the best films ever especially when the rest of the list isn't made of Apocalypse Nows anyway . What does it matter whether its 10 day old or 110 years old?

• Like 1