The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

3 hours ago, Tower said:

position film year
100 The Big Lebowski 1998
99 No Country For Old Men 2007
98 Magnolia 1999
97 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 2011
96 Captain America: Winters Soldier 2014
95 Ghostbusters 1984
94 Do The Right Thing 1989
93 Her 2013
92 Captain America: Civil War 2016
91 Raging Bull 1980
90 Chinatown 1974
89 The Shining 1980
88 The Wolf of Wall Street 2013
87 North By Northwest 1959
86 Spider-Man 2 2004
85 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 2004
84 Aladdin 1992

Civil War ahead of Her, Do The Right Thing, Ghostbusters, Magnolia, No Country, Lebowski 3671499325.gif

Thanks, I don't have to check this thread anymore. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Infernus said:

Prisoner of Azkaban was easily the best HP film. Glad to see it on the list. 

I have used all my likes, but absolutely agreed.

As many have said, strange to see Civil War in the list. Lists started to be posted well before CW release and it still is here...

Curiously, I love to see Aladdin although I have not voted for it.

And I expected a higher spot for North by Northwest, but considering that some people do not see films from 20th century, I can understand it.

And again, @The Panda, EXCELLENT WORK!! Thank you very much.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Captain America, Spiderman, Harry Potter are the greatest movies ever... Someone please shoot me

Well, not greatest, but #85, #86, #92, #96 and #97... yes, you are right. It is excessive -_-

46 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Captain America, Spiderman, Harry Potter are the greatest movies ever... Someone please shoot me

Not to worry, its good that the films that are more like 'best of the most popular ones' instead of 'best of all, ever' get out of the way so early into the list.

Edited by Infernus

34 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Not to worry, its good that the films that are more like 'best of the most popular ones' instead of 'best of all, ever' get out of the way so early into the list.

Indeed :)

50 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Oh no dude, it's just getting started. Dark Knight, Avengers, Interstellar, Force Awakens, Hunger Games, and Every Pixar Film, these will be top 25. 

• Like 2

Decent list so far.

41 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Oh no dude, it's just getting started. Dark Knight, Avengers, Interstellar, Force Awakens, Hunger Games, and Every Pixar Film, these will be top 25. 

And? If the members here like these films, why not?

• Like 1

I don't know why anyone is shocked.

This isn't a bunch of critics for Criterion or AFI or some "prestigious" organization. 

It's average people saying what their favorite movies are. People tend to include recent films and blockbusters in their top 100... not that shocking tbh. 

You'll always have your own personal taste outside of this list. 

1 hour ago, Treetrunk Special said:

...it's just a silly list. Your personal favorites of the 100 greatest films will always be in your personal list :) 

Plus, only TDK and a couple Pixar films have a decent chance at making the top 25. I don't see Avengers, Interstellar or any of the HG films making it if we don't see them after #70. I definitely don't see them making the top 50. 

It's not like any of the films so far are truly awful. Other than Civil War and Do the Right Thing, I can at least understand why they're included. Most of the entries are at least solid enough to where I don't mind seeing something that assuredly won't be included in 2017 (Civil War). 

• Like 2

The thing is @Spaghetti, I don't really love animation at all.  I loved Frozen, yes.  And I do like a lot of animated films.  But they are not something I am passionate about.  Most animated films are enjoyable fluff.  That's it.  

• Like 1

I think Civil War being included on the list is silly, not because it just came out but because it's not nearly good enough to be on here...imo.  But then again I have TFA in my top 25 films of all time, so it's all about what appeals to you.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Baumer said:

The thing is @Spaghetti, I don't really love animation at all.  I loved Frozen, yes.  And I do like a lot of animated films.  But they are not something I am passionate about.  Most animated films are enjoyable fluff.  That's it.  

I know, but I was just wondering if you had a particular favorite or two.

4 hours ago, Treetrunk Special said:

it says "BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time" and not "Top 100 Best Movies of All Time"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Even CW had a superior depiction of Spider-man and Peter Parker. :bop:

because that constitutes the better movie? :thinking:

Edited by Goffe