The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

16 minutes ago, James said:

Well, good movies didn't. With one or two exceptions, all the movies made before 2000s are either unintentionally hilarious or horrible looking. Also, putting anything before LOTR is a sacrilege. 

100% agree.

I've seen 97, though Eternal Sunshine, The Truman Show and Groundhog Day were all so long ago I barely remember anything from them. 

The only ones I've never seen are Seven Samurai (so it'll probably be higher next time), Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I've seen 97, though Eternal Sunshine, The Truman Show and Groundhog Day were all so long ago I barely remember anything from them. 

The only ones I've never seen are Seven Samurai (so it'll probably be higher next time), Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin. 

Wow. Those 3 are probably among the most commonly  watched movies ever, if not by movie buffs, then by the general public.

11 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

:mellow:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Wow. Those 3 are probably among the most commonly  watched movies ever, if not by movie buffs, then by the general public.

Ha, I just remembered there's one more I've never seen... It's a Wonderful Life. So it's actually 96.

• Like 2

I've seen 89, 33 were on my list.

These are the ones I haven't seen.

33. Groundhog Day
36. The Lion King
38. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
43. Seven Samurai
47. Beauty and the Beast
59. Die Hard
64. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
74. Once Upon a Time in the West 
77. Heat
84. Aladdin
94. Do the Right Thing

I'm very interested in OUTW, Eternal and Seven Samurai though

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

Having Raiders at number two is truly awesome.  I had no idea there was that much love for it here and I certainly had no idea Ethan was such a big fan.  

Empire is the best sequel ever made, probably by a mile so it deserves to be number one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James said:

Well, good movies didn't. With one or two exceptions, all the movies made before 2000s are either unintentionally hilarious or horrible looking. 

Were you born before 2000?

Because if so I guess that makes you unintentionally hilarously horrible looking

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Were you born before 2000?

Because if so I guess that makes you unintentionally hilarously horrible looking

Lmao if James was younger than 16 than the entire gay and female population in this forum have been jail baiting for years

That and James looking like twice the man I am despite being half the age

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James said:

Well, good movies didn't. With one or two exceptions, all the movies made before 2000s are either unintentionally hilarious or horrible looking. Also, putting anything before LOTR is a sacrilege. 

:ohmyzod:

32 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Having Raiders at number two is truly awesome.  I had no idea there was that much love for it here and I certainly had no idea Ethan was such a big fan.  

Empire is the best sequel ever made, probably by a mile so it deserves to be number one.

I find that debatable, but of course it is one of the best movies ever made. No problem having it at top.

And agree with Raiders. Curiously, it is not my favorite Indy movie (Last Crusade), but still an awesome movie.