The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

23 minutes ago, peludo said:

I find that debatable, but of course it is one of the best movies ever made. No problem having it at top.

And agree with Raiders. Curiously, it is not my favorite Indy movie (Last Crusade), but still an awesome movie.

Well of course it's debatable...these are all opinions. :)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Lmao if James was younger than 16 than the entire gay and female population in this forum have been jail baiting for years

That and James looking like twice the man I am despite being half the age

Well we know of one person here who wouldn't mind that...

• Like 1

Lol you guys:lol: You know I love stirring shit up. That, plus the fact that I have an... unconventional taste in movies... And you can rest assured, I'm 22 now. :P As for my general hate for Star Wars, it is actually a trolling thing. I love SW. Actually, considering I've read a lot of SW books I likely know more about this universe than some people here who are die hard fans which is kind of ironic. But when I say I love SW, I mean I love this world, especially the one in the books and the prequel trilogy. I have no love for the original trilogy though because I can't manage to find anything good in it. I don't like main characters who are all good so Luke and Leia are not my thing and I also don't like Vader. He's too simplistic for my taste. And yeah, despite some acting problems, I liked Anakin for the good/evil internal struggle he has going, similar to Magneto in the X-Men franchise.

I've seen 70 of this top 100. There are few big misses like Godfather Part 2, i've only seen the first.

I'm fine with ESB on top, although it's not my favorite SW movie. Raiders and FOTR are also great movies.

5 hours ago, Baumer said:

Having Raiders at number two is truly awesome.  I had no idea there was that much love for it here and I certainly had no idea Ethan was such a big fan.  

Empire is the best sequel ever made, probably by a mile so it deserves to be number one.

Raiders was my #2.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Goffe said:

@JamesI know it's super old and in black & white, but try to watch 12 Angry Man, I think you'll enjoy it.

As someone who thinks that a lot of the "old classics" like Star Wars Raiders The Godfather and Citizen Kane are overrated, I still found 12 Angry Men incredible and actually worthy of such a title.

I've seen 90 of the Top 100 and out of those, 31 made my list. So about a 1/3rd similarity rate. Not bad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James said:

Lol you guys:lol: You know I love stirring shit up. That, plus the fact that I have an... unconventional taste in movies... And you can rest assured, I'm 22 now. :P As for my general hate for Star Wars, it is actually a trolling thing. I love SW. Actually, considering I've read a lot of SW books I likely know more about this universe than some people here who are die hard fans which is kind of ironic. But when I say I love SW, I mean I love this world, especially the one in the books and the prequel trilogy. I have no love for the original trilogy though because I can't manage to find anything good in it. I don't like main characters who are all good so Luke and Leia are not my thing and I also don't like Vader. He's too simplistic for my taste. And yeah, despite some acting problems, I liked Anakin for the good/evil internal struggle he has going, similar to Magneto in the X-Men franchise.

what did you think of The Force Awakens? and what SW books have you read? I've read a ton.