CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

8 minutes ago, ban1o said:

meh Disney made Ariel a red haired girl and Disney can make her a black girl with dreads if they wan't. You are doing too much. I guess you'll stay bitter or angry since a made up fictional character apparently has to be white and red headed to you. 

Both attributes are better than staying chasing after fictional white characters, like you. 😉

6 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Idk why you’re still responding to him. His posts since he joined have all been ridiculous enough to have him banned multiple times. Let him and others like him continue to think what they want, won’t change the fact that Disney has cast Halle and that this movie will be made. No need to help them continue poisoning the well. 

The Little Mermaid isn’t one of my favorite princess movies, I’m really excited for the live-action now.

Love when "woke" whites tell me that if I can't accept being only good enough for Disney's scraps, then I should be banned.

It's so "progressive." You're so much better than those Trumpers.

How dare I insist that Disney cast Halle Bailey in an original movie, rather than going the safe route and putting her in a movie that's already going to make its budget back, while having her lust after a white prince.

Edited by I Am
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Idk why you’re still responding to him. His posts since he joined have all been ridiculous enough to have him banned multiple times. Let him and others like him continue to think what they want, won’t change the fact that Disney has cast Halle and that this movie will be made. No need to help them continue poisoning the well. 

The Little Mermaid isn’t one of my favorite princess movies, I’m really excited for the live-action now.

Yeah I'm blocking him 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I'm waiting for the ban hammer to pounce.

This is funny 'cause earlier you were insisting that everyone who wasn't pouring over Disney's casting decision was a virulent Klan member, and now since your go-to dismissive comment can't be used, you have nothing to say other than, "Ban that guy who doesn't say the things I want blacks to say!"

Who knew that advocating for the largest media corporation in the known universe to put its money where its "wokness" is and cast black actors/actresses in an original fantasy film, where both the leads are black and in love or aspiring to love each other, would cause so much outrage and hatred from "progressives." You know what they say about different sides of the same coin, though.

Edited by I Am
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, I Am said:

This is funny 'cause earlier you were insisting that everyone who wasn't pouring over Disney's casting decision was a virulent Klan member, and now since your go-to dismissive comment can't be used, you have nothing to say other than, "Ban that guy who doesn't say the things I want blacks to say!"

Who knew that advocating for the largest media corporation in the known universe to put its money where its "wokness" is and cast black actors/actresses in an original fantasy film, where both the leads are black and in love or aspiring to love each other, would cause so much outrage and hatred from "progressives." You know what they say about different sides of the same coin, though.

1. Funny how self-aware you are that your comments are toxic and should be banned. Remember that I did not name drop who I thought should be banned. Congratulations on getting it right.

2. It's also funny that you call me 'progressive'. I don't even call myself that because I don't want to be associated with the likes of AOC or Elizabeth Warren. I am a moderate through and through. Socially moderate and fiscally conservative. That's why I have problems with racist people or homophobic people, but I also have problems with those who are 'Com' or 'Soc'.

Edited by UserHN

6 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

@I Am has been threadbanned for a week

I had like 5 pages to read in this thread and just went straight to the last one, and i found this    👆🏻👆🏻

Guess it's a pretty accurate sum up of what the previous 5 pages are filled with. 

Will give it a try after page 26.

7 minutes ago, cookie said:

So are they going to write new songs/lyrics for him since Eric never sings in the original?

lol I know LMM is working on new music with Alan Menken. I assume Eric will get a  song.  The Little Mermaid isn't really a full musical. It has like 4 real songs. and then a few like really short songs that they might scrap anyway. They could probably add at least 2 or 3 more songs to give Eric one and maybe Ariel another one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Pasek and Paul coming in to save the day

they are writing for Snow White. I'm actually really interested because that will be practically a new musical then. here it is Alan Menken & Lin-Manuel Miranda so it's another Aladdin where Alan will be in full control.  

Edited by InVy