CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

What a fuccking stupid choice!! Now i want caucasian Mulan 

Why is it stupid? There's nothing that says a mermaid, which isn't real, has to be any certain color.

There's a lot that says a Chinese warrior needs to not be Caucasian though....

• Like 4

Just now, filmlover said:

Waiting for someone to accidentally mix her name up with Halle Berry.

Better yet, get Halle Berry to play Ariel's mom (she appeared in the straight-to-video prequel Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, so might as well take something from there)

15 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

(Chalamet also passes the "half plus 7" rule :ph34r:)

When Harry Styles loses Elvis to Ansolo or whatever, he's probably gonna sign onto this as Eric

2 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I really hope they place this in the Caribbean now. I just ran with the idea that the animated movie took place in Denmark.

Now who is going to be Triton.

I'm pretty sure the only option is Idris Elba.

All I know is that we're probably about to get a whole bunch of MRA idiots flooding comments sections everywhere saying this is "reverse racism" or some shit. Keep away.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Someone posted this on another forum two days ago:

Screen-Shot-2019-07-03-at-3.52.22-PM.png

Harry Styles announcement next?

Nolan jumpstarted Timothee Chalamet's career with Interstellar and now has kicked off Styles' acting career with Dunkirk. Nolan's impact is REAL. @MrPink

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I'm pretty sure the only option is Idris Elba.

Idris Elba's already done too many shitty movies for an actor of his talent, do we really want him to add another to his résumé?

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

All I know is that we're probably about to get a whole bunch of MRA idiots flooding comments sections everywhere saying this is "reverse racism" or some shit. Keep away.

Nolan jumpstarted Timothee Chalamet's career with Interstellar and now has kicked off Styles' acting career with Dunkirk. Nolan's impact is REAL. @MrPink

I demand they get some One Direction songs in there.

Well she’s fine i guess. But this is now really feeling like a discount version of what this could have been. How did we go from potential Zendaya and Lady Gaga to Halle Bailey and Melissa mccarthy. She Will for sure do a Nice job but if they were to racebend the Role why don’t just go with an actualactress that is universally agreed to be the best choice for the role. IT almost feels like they went with Halle so they did not let people say who to cast. Weird they didn’t announce this at d23 and have her come on stage.

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Idris Elba's already done too many shitty movies for an actor of his talent, do we really want him to add another to his résumé?

I'll accept whatever garbage this movie offers to me if that means Idris gets to play a character who never wears a shirt for the whole movie

e75bb95ae9d1a78f9fb4b60436567808.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

casting singers for acting jobs is the thing to do. they bring in their fanbase.  but this girl is an unknown. i could understand dunkirk with harry styles, but this is kinda puzzling.   why when zendaya was available

Edited by Alli

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I'll accept whatever garbage this movie offers to me if that means Idris gets to play a character who never wears a shirt for the whole movie

e75bb95ae9d1a78f9fb4b60436567808.png

I'll hope for your sake then that Tom Hooper didn't add too much digital fur to him for Cats (unless you're into that sort of thing, in which case - more power to you!)

• Haha 1

OK, I guess they wanted black cast for the royal family as was rumored and possibly met with Zendaya too but went with Halle Bailey. They must have a huge confidence in her and after discovering Naomi Smith I'll give them benefit of a doubt.