CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

Do people realize that Zendaya... legitimately, as much as I like her - could not even possibly fit the bill with her voice? Have y'all heard her sing live? I really do enjoy her work and even though she could pull off some light songs, she does not have the stamina for that role at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

casting singers for acting jobs is the thing to do. they bring in their fanbase.  but this girl is an unknown. i could understand dunkirk with harry styles, but this is kinda puzzling.   why when zendaya was available

is she? Are they filming only Dune Pt 1 now or both movies back to back? Chani is barely in Pt 1 but a lot in Pt 2. so if they film Pt 2 right after she may have scheduling conflict.

1 minute ago, Amorphous said:

Do people realize that Zendaya... legitimately, as much as I like her - could not even possibly fit the bill with her voice? Have y'all heard her sing live? I really do enjoy her work and even though she could pull off some light songs, she does not have the stamina for that role at all.

This is the legitimately the only song of hers I know. It has a purpose but it's not Ariel.

I just realized I forgot about Greatest Showman.

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

is she? Are they filming only Dune Pt 1 now or both movies back to back? Chani is barely in Pt 1 but a lot in Pt 2. so if they film Pt 2 right after she may have scheduling conflict.

I hope they shoot them back-to-back. I don't care how much money Legendary/WB burn with that project, it sounds so incredible that I hope it's not left incomplete.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Come to think of it Harry Styles would actually be perfect for Eric if he gets it. The character was mostly bland in the original and it's not like it would ask much from him acting-wise.

Not Chalamet, but I'd be okay with Harry. But if this goes to Noah Centipede or whatever his name is....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

All I know is that we're probably about to get a whole bunch of MRA idiots flooding comments sections everywhere saying this is "reverse racism" or some shit. Keep away.

Nolan jumpstarted Timothee Chalamet's career with Interstellar and now has kicked off Styles' acting career with Dunkirk. Nolan's impact is REAL. @MrPink

This is Homeland slander

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Come to think of it Harry Styles would actually be perfect for Eric if he gets it. The character was mostly bland in the original and it's not like it would ask much from him acting-wise.

Well now they're going to flesh him out by.....*spins wheel*  'A young man who has to grow his kingdom to prosperity after a 2 year war' or something.

• Like 1

I have no idea who this actress is but I had no idea who the Aladdin main characters actors were 

hoping movie is good. Ariel is my GF favourite Disney chapter 

whether she’s white or black it don’t matter. Aslong she has the same characteristics as Ariel had in original 

2 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I have no idea who this actress is but I had no idea who the Aladdin main characters actors were 

hoping movie is good. Ariel is my GF favourite Disney chapter 

whether she’s white or black it don’t matter. Aslong she has the same characteristics as Ariel had in original 

Apparently she's a supporting character on Grown-ish (the Black-ish spin-off).

• Thanks 1

we can debate the merits of this casting all we like but i just want to say that it truly does not matter. i've never seen her in anything so i can't comment but her level of acting talent is irrelevant. no one will care. the guy who played aladdin was bad, the kid in the jungle book was bad, emma watson in beauty and the beast was bad, mia wasikazoo in alice in wonderland was bad. Nobody cares! 

• Like 5
  • Knock It Off 1