CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

16 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

Isn't it weird that they stated to cast the supporting characters instead of the main star of the movie?

I feel like the fact they're getting all the name actors for the supporting roles out of the way first supports my initial theory that they're likely going with an unknown for Ariel (and perhaps Eric too).

Also with how quickly the cast is shaping this is definitely gonna start shooting in the next few months. I'll be surprised if this isn't the movie they have set for Memorial Day Weekend 2021.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

Guys, Kris Tapley was first to report Trembley/Awkwafina rumor on June 28

Red Neighbor posted their list on Jun 29 so they were not the first to break the news. They likely figured out it was true cause Tapley is reliable and ran with it.

IMO, Zendaya is inevitable because we aren't hearing any rumors from reliable sources that they are meeting with other actresses. if I'm not mistaken, Zendaya rumor was broken by TheHashtagShow and they are reliable when it comes to casting. Red Neighbor is not reliable and Jane Levy is almost 30. I think they threw her hat in the ring just because she's a natural red. 

50 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also with how quickly the cast is shaping this is definitely gonna start shooting in the next few months. I'll be surprised if this isn't the movie they have set for Memorial Day Weekend 2021.

If they want Memorial Day 2021 they’ll need to start quickly anyway. I’m sure will have almost as much “underwater” VFX photography (dry-for-wet + green/blue screen) as Aquaman. That started filming 19 months before release.

Edited by TServo2049

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Guys, Kris Tapley was first to report Trembley/Awkwafina rumor on June 28

Red Neighbor posted their list on Jun 29 so they were not the first to break the news. They likely figured out it was true cause Tapley is reliable and ran with it.

IMO, Zendaya is inevitable because we aren't hearing any rumors from reliable sources that they are meeting with other actresses. if I'm not mistaken, Zendaya rumor was broken by TheHashtagShow and they are reliable when it comes to casting. Red Neighbor is not reliable and Jane Levy is almost 30. I think they threw her hat in the ring just because she's a natural red. 

I mean, some info might be true just by happenstance. However, Rob Marshal has been linked as the director for a long while now so Jennifer Lee as the director is the nail in the coffin for reliability.

Also, I am just curious, how would casting Zendaya affect the whole meet and greet Ariel at Disney World? I just see that as being very awkward for kids who saw one version and then were introduced to another that looks TOTALLY different.

Edited by jedijake

Zendaya doesn't have the vibe of Ariel, she almost always plays these aloof characters. I hope this singer has the vibe, because I honestly thought may be they should have taken Moana girl as Ariel cause she is Ariel in some way.

She previously did a song for the A Wrinkle in Time soundtrack lol:

Got a nice voice though. Hopefully her acting is good too. Really glad that they went with an unknown.

Waiting for someone to accidentally mix her name up with Halle Berry.